Currently staying at this lovely hip boutique hotel (rooms and apartments available). The hotel is modern, clean and gloriously non-smoking. Here I'm not over whelmed by the smell horrible in-house body products - thankfully these supplied items have a subtle pleasant aroma - what a delightful change. The hotel room is smallish but acceptable and all the fixtures are in working order. The bed is super comfy and I love the wall paper on the ceiling. Without exception the staff have been friendly and helpful. The hotel is storing my bike in a locked room near reception so getting access is a breeze. I asked to change rooms after my first night due to disturbing noises (I think the noise was the air conditioning system outside the building but it sounded like washing machines going all night). My request was granted and my room change was seamless - staff took great care to allocate a super quiet room in another section of the hotel (Thank you Alison). When travelling alone I dislike eating in noisy hotel restaurants and the staff allowed me to sit in the bar area and quietly eat a salad - the waitress also heated my wheat bag in the microwave for my poor aching back! My only complaints are minor; too few power points in the room - suggest bringing a power-board, and, the $15 overnight parking fee because the street parking is not free during the day. I would definitely stay at the Diamant again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra combines a unique CBD location with Peppers signature boutique features, designer ambience and service experience. The Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra building is heritage registered, with original features that blend effortlessly with a modern Peppers setting. Every detail has been well thought out - with Bang & Olufsen technology, marble features in boutique rooms and apartments. All Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra rooms have rain showers, luxury bedding, smart technology and original artwork. Choose from Hotel Room, Deluxe and Premier Rooms, and Suites. Unwind in your fully self-contained apartment with one, two or three bedrooms and a balcony. Located within the original Hotel Acton building, this historic and heritage listed site has been transformed into the NewActon Pavilion - Canberra's first true urban village, where Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra has taken up residence as the city's first luxury boutique hotel. Featuring the renowned Bicicletta Restaurant and Library Bar, guests can enjoy true Italian cuisine. Bicicletta specialises in homemade pasta and produce from different regions of Italy and Australia, catering to all occasions including formal sit-down meals. Relax at Soma Day Spa or explore the New Acton precinct, close to the iconic Lake Burley Griffin and within walking distance of Canberra's many high-end attractions. The where Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra provides complimentary WiFi in all rooms as well as public areas. Australia's Capital Territory is home to some great attractions, many within walking distance from Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra which is located ten minutes from the city centre, near Canberra's many cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. The National Zoo & Aquarium and National Arboretum Canberra is a short drive away, as are the Botanical Gardens and Telstra viewing tower. Peppers Gallery Hotel Canberra is located just 7.5Km from Canberra International and is on the doorstep of Canberra's key cultural, entertainment, sport and commercial facilities, making it the perfect choice for your next Canberra stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Gallery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamant Hotel Canberra - By 8 Canberra
- Hotel Diamant Boutique
- Diamant Boutique Canberra