See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in room 206 family room.. clean white towels and linen.. was very basic and old but clean. staff were all friendly .. food provided was typical school camp food no complaints with provision made for alternative dining needs. I would rate this as adequate for a family that was just sleeping there and out all day. a three star

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017

they closed the caravan park down at the end of JUne 2017, they still have cabins and motel rooms. This park looks like it has not been updated since the 70's. When we stayed the caravan park was still open, it was basic. It was clean. It was easy to get to the shops and into Canberra. I have not seen inside the motel rooms or the cabins, the door was open as I walked past and they looked small. The park for what it was to me was expensive compared to some others we have stayed in, they was nothing there, no pool that I could see, no playground for children.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy J
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The Canberra Carotel is a reasonably priced motel. We recently stayed there for a hockey carnival and the motel was well positioned, cheap and adequate for what we required.
Being in the middle of winter, the only slight issue was the heater struggled.
The room was clean and well kept. Although older, the room was well maintained.

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ICBM
Robert H, Manager at Canberra Carotel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you for your response, it was great that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your team was successful with the hockey carnival. We look forward in assisting you again when next in Canberra.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Ok so the photos we were shown and what you see on the internet are nothing like what it is,
The staff seemed alright except It felt like I was back doing fifo work, the room was ok but it felt like the ghetto, I got no sleep as the teenagers or who ever riding around on the push bikes at all hours of the morning yelling and screaming, I could hear car doors opening closing so I was abit weary of who was out there, the pool was closed as it was filthy so all in all not a good experience,

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank J D
Robert H, Manager at Canberra Carotel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

We apologise about the disturbance of the teenagers who were riding their bikes around at all hours. You may not be aware that our care taker was dealing with these guys throughout the night as he was aware we had other guests staying with us. In reference to the pool it was closed down as the ducks were creating a health issue and our guests health safety is paramount.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We booked to stay at the Canberra Carotel during April with our 4 kids (ages 9,7,3&1). The motel is in desperate need of renovations. We stayed in a 1 bedroom family room and I can't believe that they are allowed to use these rooms for 6 people. This is not a family friendly motel. No playground or any other amenities for kids. When booking we assumed (stupidly) that the family rooms would be one of the cabins as depicted in all the advertising and online sites. The floors and furniture were stained and old. Our 1 year old was walking around barefooted in the room and within 10 minutes his feet were filthy. We will not be back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank aussie_lollies
Robert H, Manager at Canberra Carotel Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Over all most of our guests are very happy with what we provde.