“No complaints”

Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
“No complaints”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Aria hotel is nice!

I think it's important to judge this hotel for what it is. Is it as good as a resort in Hawaii that also gets 4 stars? No.

This is a hotel that you stop off at or stay at only for a few days, you don't spend your holiday there and can hardly lament over the mini bar or wi-fi or whatever. The Aria serves its purpose: the rooms are clean and modern and the beds are comfy.

There's parking, easy check in/check out and it's located close enough to the heart of the city
(is there a 'heart of the city' in Canberra?) but still out of the thick of it.

Jason from Reception had PERFECT customer service - it really blew me away!

Don't hold your breath for breakfast at the lobby kiosk though.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Sydney
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I now have occasion to stay overnight in Canberra at least once a month to visit my father and I’ll be looking for a well priced and well located hotel. Aria ticked all the boxes, well priced, well located for my purposes, extremely comfortable bed, immaculately keen, four years old but bathroom and room fixtures seemed like new and it was very efficiently run. The rooms are small but each has a balcony. However, Aria is not the hotel for you if you want a hotel which is a destination in itself or if you want beautiful lounge areas and funky bars. If you want a comfortable bed in an immaculate and well appointed room, then Aria is for you. I will probably try others but am sure I’ll return.
Tips: request a room on the northern side to make the most of the sunny aspect. The hotel advertises that they will give you the best price if you book on the hotel’s website. I’ll be doing that next time.

Room Tip: Request a room on the northern side on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank penpad
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

After numerous stays in various hotels throughout Canberra, my expectations of Aria Hotel Canberra were not high. But I am pleased to say that Aria Hotel Canberra proved to exceed all of my expectations and turned out to be the best hotel I have stayed at in Canberra.

Our two-bedroom apartment was spacious, modern and boasted an appealing layout, tasteful furnishings and plenty of space. Particularly notable was the comfortable, cosy lounge area and modern, pristine bathroom. The kitchen facilities also added to the appeal of the hotel.

The bed itself was a little uncomfortable (two single beds joined together), but this was only very minor irritation.

Parking was hassle-free as the hotel has ample secure, free parking - something that I have often struggled to find in Canberra.

Overall, Aria was a wonderful experience which I would happily recommend this hotel to anybody planning to visit Canberra. I know that I will be returning!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Everything about this hotel is easy, from check-in to parking. The rooms are new, and everything works well. It's also spotlessly clean. I did not have the need to use anything other than the accommodation, so I can't speak for much else.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great hotel! Very modern, quiet, clean and comfortable. We stayed twice - in a one-bedroom apartment and a studio apartment - and were very happy with both stays. Both very spacious rooms.

I couldn't fault the cleanliness (and I'm one of those people who certainly checks!). The bed was very comfortable and the linen in good condition (although the bathroom towels were a tad ragged on the edges but that was a minor thing in my books).

The staff were welcoming and friendly. We were checked in and out very quickly and it was easy getting in and out of the complimentary onsite car park.

If there was a negative, it was the couch bed which had a fairly thin mattress. It was fine for our child but I think the average adult will find it a tad too thin ie. you start feeling the springs after a few mns. Oh, and the hotel isn't very close to cafes and restaurants as far as I can see, unless you dine at the Aria's sister hotel ("the Pavilion"). Having said that, the city centre is a 5mns easy drive down the road and there are lots of restaurants, shops and cafes there.

We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in (5th and 6th floor rooms) were very quiet. The rooms facing away from the ci...
1 Thank SydneyOz_Gal
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We found Aria on TripAdvisor while driving between Sydney & Canberra, and we were not disappointed. We wanted an apartment that had washing facilities so we could catch up on our laundry after being on the road, something close to Canberra's attractions,warm :) and with some kitchen facilities? Aria has all this and more. We had a 1 bedroom apartment, that was so spacious, lovely and new, secure parking and friendly and efficient people on reception. We even took advantage of the room service menu! What a holiday treat. I would not hesitate to recommend Aria for both features and position.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wizzothom
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Looking for a small apartment hotel , convenient to shops & restaurants but away from the noise of main roads? Then the Aria is for you. The one bedroom apartment we had was beautifully equipped, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. Secure undercover parking & friendly efficient staff made our 3 day stay very pleasant. Dickson shops & it's many & varied restaurants is a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive away. The city centre just a few minutes more. The little cafe in the lobby whilst basic, is sufficient for a snack or light breakfast & let's face it, the apartment kitchen has everything needed to self cater, including a proper coffee plunger!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple