“Modern cafe with classy food and generous serves”
Review of Xchange on London

Xchange on London
Ranked #503 of 1,495 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here for breakfast and lunch. The cafe is quite large and often crowded at lunchtime, but it is still easy to get service. The food is not gourmet but it is classy Italian cuisine with significantly higher prices than a typical cafe - more like restaurant prices. Their chips are cooked to perfection and their breads are amazing. The serves are quite large so you never feel hungry when you leave. Despite the higher prices, the large serves represent excellent value. My recommendation is to get one dish and share it with a friend. I won't buy soup there again; it felt like I was eating from a bucket ! It tasted very nice but the unfortunate presentation put me off this particular dish.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Xchange looks like a normal casual dining cafe but the food and service was five star. I travel around Australia for work and have eaten at some top restaurants. I was so surprised to find my meal for dinner at Xchange was up with these meals. Not just delicious but really clever and unique flavour combinations. I cannot rave enough about our meal. I finished with a beautiful dessert a 'Turkish delight crème brulee, cracked black pepper & cardamom strawberries, crushed pistachios' - I just ripped this description off the Xchange website. Yum. Creme brulee is always good but you get to the bottom of this one and there is a sweet explosion of turkish delight. This is balanced beautifully with the pepper, cardamom and pistachios. Best of all, the service was really warm, friendly and genuine. We'll be back for sure. Food and service doesn't get much better than this. I will say that I've been to Xchange during the day and the service was terrible! I hope they now have this good service consistently throughout the day.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Was recommended to this cafe by a local and to try the Tuscan breakfast, we were not disappointed, great flavours resulted in a sublime eating experience. My only complaint was that they would not put sugar into my coffee as they were making it, I find it never tastes quite the same fighting your way through the milk froth to the bottom.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Three minutes walk from the Rydges Lakeside Hotel, which I reviewed recently, is a modern cafe which does breakfast and lunch 5 days pw and is open for dinner on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The food is excellent and reasonably priced, especially compared with the hotel restaurant prices. In the evening for $20 you can get a beautiful pasta and a Peroni or glass of wine, plus a range of other dishes which from memory are all less than $30 and most are in the low to mid $20s. Check it out.