“Good Value for Money”

Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah
Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I was in Canberra for some meetings. The location is reasonably convenient if you have a car (Canberra public transport is lacking).

The room was your average hotel room with standard amenities - toiletries, tea/coffee/cocoa supplies. The bed was average as were the pillows. Small shower - giant towels.

The best part was the Fox channels were more than just sports and Sky News. There were actually a few movie channels that were available for free.

Wifi available for an extra price - I didn't get it so I can't speak to the quality of the signal.

I got the deal with included breakfast but then had breakfast meetings on each of the days I was there so I didn't get a chance to try it.

There are no chains on the doors and the doors have old fashioned keys. I found this quite surprising for our modern world. But to be honest, I never felt at risk. The hotel is in the middle of a quiet, leafy residential area.

The people at reception were very friendly and I feel I could have called upon them if I needed anything.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ibis_Styles_Canberra, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Styles Canberra. Having gone through your comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to experience the breakfast during your next stay. The hotel is also in the process of obtaining quotes to upgrade the door locks to a key card system within the next few months.

We thank you once again for your review and we look forward to serving you again in future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in Nov 2013 and was happy with it. Room was clean, spotless and quite. We could upgrade to room with spa for free. The people in reception were helpful and friendly. It is 10 min drive to cbd and has lots of shops around. Just should say it does not have lift, (just 2 level) if you have heavy luggages etc., ask for room in ground floor.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis_Styles_Canberra, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

With regards to your comment around the lift - I am pleased to advise that the hotel is currently exploring the option of installing a lift in reception in order to provide easy access to the second floor in the main building.

The Management Team

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 when we were attending a wedding in the area. In the room was myself and my husband in a queen bed and a mate in a single. The room was clean and had all the amenities you need. The water pressure in the shower was good and you couldn't hear any noise from the road or other guests coming and going. The carparks are first come first serve. When we arrived, we found a space near the part of the hotel we were staying at. After the wedding the hotel was packed and we could only park in the big gravel carpark which was right back at the rear of the hotel. Ladies, if the car has to be parked down the back, you'll need to have chunky heels on or be dropped off on the concrete.
Breakfast was included in our room package and was nice enough. There was a serious shortage of staff and we waiting 15 minutes to be seated and then had to "wait and pounce" as staff would refill the hot food buffets, the juice dispenser... and the cutlery drawers :-/
But the coffee was good and yes I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank missell80

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the delay during breakfast. Please rest assured that the appropriate measures are being taken to prevent future occurrences.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights, The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room very clean reasonably modern, a great continental breakfast which was included in price,
I would stay here again, Good value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 204 our friends stayed in room 202 they where at the back so it was very quite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
ibis_Styles_Canberra, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear DiDee63,

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

The hotel is in the process of changing menus for both breakfast and dinner in an attempt to provide an even more enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lovely hotel, large rooms. Lovely fluffy towels and friendly reception staff. Stayed here 3 nights and everything in the hotel room worked. You do need a car but it's not that far to anywhere. Just need a good map or GPS. I didn't try the complimentary continental breakfast but I did try the room service. The only complaint was that the food is delivered like you've order take away. It comes in cardboard boxes like a McDonald's order. Perhaps this keeps the cost down...but I would prefer proper crockery. Mind you I'm not complaining about the quality of the food, that was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
ibis_Styles_Canberra, General Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your valuable feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Styles Canberra. Having gone through your comments, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

With regards to the room service - it is provided in take away containers for logistical reasons due to the layout of the hotel and to ensure the quality of the meal can be enjoyed like it was prepared. You would also have noticed that the packaging used is made from 100% recycled material as well as the hotel strives to adhere to the stringent environmental programs endorsed by Accor.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to serving you again in future.

Kind regards