On the night of 26 October 2013 my daughter and husband spent their wedding night at the Canberra Hyatt. I prepaid the night and was told that a "special honeymoon" package would be in their room on arrival, which included a bottle of sparkling wine. I wanted their wedding night accommodation to be as special as they rest of their day. So what was the outcome:
No "honeymoon package" in the room...... The quick checkout the following morning took the best part of half an hour.
As a result my wife telephoned the hotel and was treated quite poorly. The person on the telephone wouldn't initially accept any responsibility and said they would check it and ring back. They did....with the solution "you can pick up the bottle of wine at the reception". This to me misses the whole point....it was their wedding night for goodness sake, the honeymoon package was for that night.
So, for a "supposed" top class hotel, this is very poor. The staff seemed to miss two major points....
1. A honeymoon night is a special time in everyone's life
2. Customer service will be remembered, good or poor, long after.
Just this seemingly minor point is not what we expected from Canberra's "premium" hotel.
Hyatt Canberra - lift your game.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Listed Hotel which retains many of the classic Art Deco design elements of the original building built in 1924. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Hotel Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Canberra
- Canberra Hyatt