Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment at Medina James Court for one night. The staff were fantastic, very helpful - especially Liz at reception!

The room was spacious, clean and quiet. Having two bathrooms made getting ready so easy!! The location is fantastic, everything is walking distance which was great.

I will definitely stay here next time I am in Canberra.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Medina Executive James Court.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive James Court in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I don't often write reviews, and if I do, they are usually of a negative nature. My experience at Medina James Court was so good, I was compelled to share. I had to travel to Canberra for work for a week and needed a serviced apartment. My expectations were not high, but Medina James Court didn't fail to impress. On arriving to reception at 10am (check in was 2pm), I was greeted by name (by Jessica on the desk) and informed my room was ready early - this was very convienient. I had a lovely room overlooking the pool, which whilst was older - was very, very clean. I couldn't get the TV to work (JoeJoe came quickly to my aid and fixed my issue on the spot). I don't like eating breakfast out - expensive and unhealthy. There was a breakfast pack in the room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

You get what is expected in these serviced apartments geared towards the business end of the market. Initial greeting at reception was promising though. We were greeted warmly at our arrival at 9am by 2 receptionists, one apparently competent, the other not so, but as our apartment wasn't ready, apparently compentent receptionist offered to call us when it was. Needless to say by 2pm, no call had been received. On arriving back to the hotel, the nice but incompetent receptionist lost my registration form with my credit card details on it. Twenty minutes luckiy another staff member intervened and said there should be no more inconvenience us and gave us our keys immediately. Then when we finally got to our apartment, we had no view and were beseiged by traffic noise which I specifically requested to avoid. Thankfully we were moved promptly to a much higher floor with had 2 bedrooms although there was only 2 of us. Furnishings in this apartment were fairly standard but comfortable. Extra pay tv channels would have been appreciated though. As for the rest of the stay, we had the misfortunes of encountering the incompetent woman at receptionist for the rest of the stay. Note she is not good with directions nor public transport queries. Ugh.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fiifiifii
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear Guest

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Executive James Court.

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I have addressed your concerns with the front office department so that we can improve our overall guest experience.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Great location, very helpful and friendly staff. BUT...
1) Hotel is built in a "H" shape, probably with 24 rooms per level. Must ask for room NOT facing the same side as the 24 hour McDonald's drive-thru entrance to avoid noise. (We were lucky not to be directly above the McDonalds entrance) Try ask for room 22, 23 or 24.
2) We had dirty aircon outlets in both toilets, as well as behind the TV counter

Room Tip: Great location, very helpful and friendly staff. BUT... 1) Hotel is built in a "H" shape...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Dear Guest

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments so that we can improve our overall guest experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. I was in Canberra on business but stayed on for the weekend to catch up with family, so I used the apartment as a base for my working days but also for my leisure activities over the weekend. The apartment I was in was on the top floor - quiet and private with a pleasant view out towards Black Mountain Tower. The main bedroom and bathroom were very spacious, as was the living area and kitchen. I was very comfortable and had everything I needed. Balcony off living area and extra tv in bedroom were a bonus. Service was prompt and efficient, but no frills. Could not get in-room Internet to work but did not bother chasing it up as I had other ways to get online using my iPhone etc. Location was good, with plenty of decent restaurants and the Canberra Centre (shopping centre) within easy walk. 24 hr mcdonalds and car hire place take up most of the ground floor of the hotel building but being on the top floor it did not worry me one bit. Main downside was the cheap, lousy mattresses on the bed. Could do with updating and would not recommend for elderly etc.
Grnerally, I would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank jlb96
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 10 October 2011

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina in the near future!

Reviewed 19 September 2011

The apartment was very worn and tired looking. Curtains were dirty, one of the toilet was not cleaned properly. Significant noise from the adjacent road kept us awake. The accommodation was advertised with a 4 1/2 star rating which was cleary a misrepresentation. For AUD 250 per night I certainly expect more than what I was presented with. I would certainly not recommend this property and I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank K H
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments so that we can improve our overall guest experience.

Please note we are 4 star self catering as rated by AAA Tourism, I do apologise for any confusion.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Canberra hotels

Reviewed 13 August 2011

We booked a last minute overnight stay in Canberra on the way back from the snow and was lucky to get a 2 bedroom (queen and twin) with 2 bathrooms for our family with 2 young kids. We had room 213 corner apartment with balcony overlooking both roads and windows in all rooms, but it was relatively quiet on a Thu night. When we got off the lift we had to go thru an internal door to an external open area (quite cold in winter) to get to the room door. The place was clean and well maintained. The kitchen, living room and main bedroom were a good size, except for the twin room which was small with the 2 single beds, but was fine for the kids. There was a wall-mounted air-conditioner in the living room and another in the main bedroom. But none in the twin room for the kids, so we just kept the kids room door open and let the heat from the living room drift into the kids room. Thankfully the kids room was close to the living room. There was a large flat screen TV in the living room and smaller flat screen in the main bedroom. Main bedroom had an en-suite with a spa bath. Each apartment had its own water heater and you could only have a spa or a shower but not both.

Apartment was centrally located with a McDonald below and the main food street about a block and a half away. We took a quick walk to Kingsley Steakhouse for dinner and passed FSW Shoe Warehouse which I would have loved to check out. Unfortunately late night shopping in Canberra in on a Friday night Thursday.

There's undercover secure parking in the building, but its an additional $12 per night parking charge.

We checked out before 10am and went to Urban Food for breakfast which wasn't too far to drive. We would stay here again since it was quite centrally located.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dizzie b
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
The team at Medina Executive James Court are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Apartments in the near future.