Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$94
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$100
Burbury Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$158
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
1,689 results
All reviewsgreat locationspa bathbedroom apartmentmain bedroomcentral locationclose to shopsgood sizewalking distancewould stay here againwashing machinesecure parkinglounge roomnorthbourne avenuewar memorialaccommodationdryerroomy
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed at the Medina James Court for a couple of nights. It was a good surprise.
The apartment I stayed had a good size kitchen, nice dining area and all the stuff I need for an extension of my working routine.
It was very cold in Canberra, around 2ºC, but the heating in the room worked perfectly.
There was a spot for my car parking in the building.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Dear Guest

The team at Medina Executive James Court are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Medina hotels in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

For the money I paid and the star rating I was disappointed with my stay. Don't get me wrong, the size of the rooms were good and the appliances were fine (although we had a hair dryer nozzle but no hairdryer) but the overall cleanliness was sub par. I felt dirtier after I'd had a shower than before I went in due to the mould and general brown shower gunk around the tiles. All the light switches were dirty, as were the toilet roll holders, the cabinet cupboards and the back of the bathroom doors (I didnt want to hang anything on the hooks because of the brown dribbles down the surface of the door). We also had to spread a blanket over the couch and avoid sitting on certain chairs at the table because there was something ground into the upholstery - this was the same of the carpets. General maintenance was poor too with cracked tiles and a hole seemingly kicked in one of the doors by a previous occupant.

Suffice to say I wont be staying here again and wont recommend it to my friends

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance departments so that we can improve our overall guest experience.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

The Medina in central Canberra has been known for a number of years as a reliable business hotel at medium prices and also fills in with vacationers at other times. It is easily accessible and is close to all of central Canberra's attractions.

What is new is the ground floor level is now occupied by a 24/7 Mc Donalds with both sit down and drive through facilities. It is very popular but its true function only becomes clear after midnight with drunken patrons of surrounding pubs and bars gathered to discuss their exploits with shouted expletives and general nuisance beginning shortly after midnight and continuing until 6am. The effect on our enjoyment of the visit was catastrophic.

To add insult to injury we were told at reception in the morning that the problem was recognised but we had to wear it because they were fully booked. A mention of the issue at check-in or the offer of ear plugs might have given us some idea.

Needless to say we won't be visiting again and cannot recommend it at any price. My advice to anyone thinking of booking is to ask whether double glazing has recently been installed.

Room Tip: Bring your ear plugs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hughjampton
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Executive James Court. We are disappointed to hear your experience with us was unsatisfactory. We have taken your comments on board so that we can continue to improve our overall guest experience.

Should you wish to discuss this in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Medina James Court from 26th April to 1st May and were very happy with the hotel.

Upon arrival the hallways on the 6th floor had just been painted and the smell was very strong, however once inside the smell wasn't nearly as bad.

We had a two bedroom apartment, the kitchen had all the mod cons and it was nice to be able to cook breakfast each morning rather than having to venture out to eat. There aren't any grocery shops nearby that I could find and I walked a fair distance to Canberra Central shopping centre and got our groceries there. I am accustomed to walking long distances so it was no bother to me, but if you have problems with your feet/back/knees I'd suggest driving over.

In all the literature about the hotel it says restaurants are just a short 5 minute walk away... I'd double that estimate... I'm a fast walker and it took me 10 minutes! So yeah the restaurants and shops are reasonably close but not as close as stated on advertising. Canberrans must be exceptionally quick walkers.

The rooms were clean enough, there was a very light sprinkling of dust over everything but when the surfaces are glass and the sun is streaming in, I think it's more obvious. It didn't cause us any problems. The walls are a little marked but the carpet was clean as were the tiled surfaces. The washer/dryer were an absolute godsend. It meant I didn't have to pack much stuff and I'm all for that!

We were told we'd be charged for parking when we checked in. At check-out we were not charged for parking. There is on street parking, but I'd suggest using the Medina car park, it's a little more expensive but worth it for piece of mind, and there's always the chance they'll forget to charge you for it anyway!

There is a 24 hour McDonalds downstairs if you are into that. Noise wise, we heard very little. Occassionally I'd hear a horn beep or a bit of loud music as a car drove past but no other noise at all, and we stayed over a weekend! I am an exceptionally light sleeper, so that's saying something!

Yes the beds are very hard, as are the pillows. It took a night to get used to it but after that we had no problems at all. I always bring my own pillow anyway.

The lounge and main bedroom have TVs, there is an ensuite to the main bed with a spa bath. The water pressure was fine, although if elderly it would be hard to get into the spa for a shower... a normal shower can be found in the other bathroom so no issues there! The second bedroom is very tiny but the kids only used that room to sleep so that was ok by us. TV reception was fine but couldn't pick up Maccas free WiFi from our room.

We paid $200 per night, and $250 Saturday night, which is terrific value for an actual apartment.

All in all we had the most fantastic time, and thank you Canberra for turning on the most spectacular weather! Although only 17 degrees with the bright warm sun it felt like 25... just perfect.

Thanks Medina... we had a marvellous time!

Room Tip: We requested a room high up overlooking the pool, I hear good views can be obtained from the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank L410
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. The team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive James Court in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I would like to compliment the courteous and professional staff who made us feel welcome. I would have to say the staff were the best and friendliest I have had in any hotel.
The room was clean, however the curtain was hanging off the hooks and a stain was on the curtain. There was also a broken leg on a lounge chair ( which would have been difficult for house keeping to notice) which was promptly replaced. Overall great hotel, great staff, pity about external noise. Stayed overnight in 2 bd apartment. Room was great, although street noise may stop me from returning again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
AmandaMedina, Manager at Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The team at Medina Executive James Court are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina in the near future.