Medina Serviced Apartments Canberra, James Court
US$76
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Pool
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$116
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$101
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$128
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$86
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$144
Hotels.com
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
1,671 results
All reviewsgreat locationspa bathbedroom apartmentmain bedroomcentral locationclose to shopsgood sizewalking distancewould stay here againwashing machinesecure parkinglounge roomnorthbourne avenuewar memorialaccommodationdryerroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arrived with my family Anzac Day to be told that a further $100 from my credit card would be "held" for up to 2 weeks after our stay. Was not informed of this when making phone booking.
Was charged to park my car in the car park which barely fit my car within the lines,I had to get my family to get out of the car before I parked as there was no room for them to exit the car when parked.The next morning I found my car had marks from being banged by the car parked next to me.
Apartment smelt musty upon entry,behind curtains were dirty,mirrors and taps were uncleaned,carpet stained,rooms dusty,bird poop on balcony and the alarm woke me up early when I did not set it. It was a big disappointment for my husband and I,however our children had a fantastic time freezing in the pool (which would have been lovely in the summer) then warming up in the apartment spa bath. Beds were very comfortable and kitchen was well equipped.

1  Thank Charmayne P
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The apartment met our needs. It was unfortunate that there was the building work happening next door which was noisy. It was clean and had all the facilties required. There was car parking arrangements which was good. The location was perfect and near everything we needed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

very noisy from traffic and people coming home from night clubs etc. noise from the street.. Balcony door did not lock, but there waS A STICKER ON IT SAYING WE SHOULD LOCK IT FOR OUR OWN SAFETY? hMMMMM I WONDER WHO WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE IF THERE WAS A BREAK IN????????

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked over the phone for both the room and parking which was a breeze. Friendly staff who were able to answer any questions we had. The stay however was disappointing. We got to the hotel at 3pm and was told our room was not ready because housekeeping (who are apparently contractors and not employed by the hotel) was running late. We were fine with this (stuff happens), so took our time parking the car and making our way back up to reception. The room we ended up with (not the room reception had originally told us we would be in) had not been cleaned properly and was quite dirty once you looked at anything up close (see pics). It appeared as though housekeeping had simply run a vacuum over the obvious areas, folded the loo paper into that little triangle, and left. The carpet underneath the coffee table and movable arm chairs still had crumbs and bits and pieces, the dining table had spill marks and finger prints, and dining chairs also had spill and other marks. The door handle to the second bathroom was broken (essentially just hanging from the door) so you could pull and push the door open and closed without turing it - until we got the hang of it we nearly locked ourselves in a couple of times. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment and my friend who had the main bedroom/ensuite was horrified to find hairs and various marks throughout the ensuite. The hotel is older so we were not expecting anything overly fancy - we were however expecting clean. Thankfully, we were compensated for the situation and in the end the Manager was quite helpful. The room layout, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a decent kitchen and small laundry in the second bathroom, was spacious and functional.

Parking was difficult to say the least. The car park has a combination of private and hotel guest spots, which is confusing as they are scattered throughout. This is understandable though as if you are going to buy a car park you want one that suits you. The first night we were able to find a hotel guest car park fine after some searching, however, that was the only time parking was so easy. As the car park filled (again, understandable over Easter weekend) there were not enough car parks for hotel guests, despite us having booked and paid upfront about three months in advance. We were stuck in a game of car park 'musical chairs', and ended up having to park in a non hotel guest car park (at the advice of reception) just so we could park. We were there for three nights so this happened multiple times. On the up side there is easy access to the lifts from pretty much anywhere in the car park, which makes dealing with luggage much easier. It is also well lit at night and has secure access.

There is building next door (as mentioned on the hotel website), however, this was not a problem during our stay. Our room overlooked the pool which could get quite noisy (as is the level of sound from the corridors), however the noise within the room is quite well isolated (we could close the bedroom door and eliminate most of the sound of the TV). Apart from the issues with housekeeping and parking, the hotel was good and the room was a great price, particularly over Easter. Location is great, very close to the city, 10mins to the Canberra train station, close to great restaurants, entertainment, and activities. If we had a clean room we would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool can be noisy. Two bedroom two bathroom rooms are large and functional.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

A great location with only less than 10 min into the main centre. I had a great view looking over Mount Ainslie to the East to watch the sunrise. Unfortunately, no soundproofing caused for lack of or interrupted sleep. It really got hard to get used to.

Great spa and kitchen amenities.

Not a fan of the first in, best dressed scenario with the guest parking. I had to barter with a resident to use his car space as there were no other 'guest parking' spaces.