QT Canberra
Burbury Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$128
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$100
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$131
  • Bar/Lounge
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$124
Ovolo Nishi(Canberra)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$161
1,475 results
All reviewsrydges lakesidepolitical themebarber shopcapitol bar and grilljunior suitefunky hotellondon circuitmini barnew actonlake burley griffinsmall balconyblack mountainroom servicenespresso machinebusiness tripfree moviesstandard room
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary so I thought I would surprise her with a weekend in Canberra.
After dining regularly at the QT in Sydney (which is my wife's favourite restaurant), the new QT seemed like and obvious choice.

The exterior of the building is nothing fancy, but when you walk in through the doors the QT feel has definitely been captured. The political theme is very fitting for its environment, and the key cards even have political quotes on them which is very clever!
The check in staff were fantastic! Very efficient and welcoming, they made dinner reservations for us both within the hotel on the first night and recommended numerous restaurants for us the following evening.

Being priority guest members, we were given an upgrade to a junior suite which my wife was very impressed with. There was also a complimentary bottle of champagne arranged with a hand written note congratulating us on our anniversary. This kind of service was above and beyond my expectations and helped me win brownie points with my wife.. Thanks QT!

The dinner in the restaurant fell nothing short of our expectations and lived up to Sydney's reputation. The steak was perfectly cooked and our waiter provided excellent service. After dinner my wife and I went for a drink in Lucky's, which on check in we were told was a brand new bar that had opened with the rename. The bar was beautiful and felt very sophisticated.

What a wonderful stay! I look forward to my next trip to Canberra and will be staying at QT again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have lovely views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcom M
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this property so much as it looked like a real cool place to stay in Canberra but I chase to say I was very disappointed. I had previously stayed at the QT in Sydney and liked it.

I arrived at 3:30 pm to be greeted by a guest clerk who clearly did not like to be disturbed. Alone in the check in I didn't even get a hello or a smile. I was simply asked "credit card and ID" no please and thank you.
My room, 301 was noisy and filthy!! The shower head had never been dusted and I found dust on the toilet paper holder and the latch of the door. There were coffee stains in the cups in my room and while the Nespresso machine was great, the milk frother had evidently been washed with a very strong soap as it smelled and tasted in my coffee! The cap had not received the same treatment since there was rotten mill solids on it! The same paper littered the entrance to my room during my entire stay!
Throughout my stay not once did an employee I crossed smile or say hello. I had quite a few dealings with he front freak during my stay and found them to be very disappointing. So much that I didn't see the point of talking to the manager. Overall very disappointed with the front desk service and housekeeping. Food and beverage people were great, the breakfast was very nice so was the barber!!

The parking lot was also very nice and clean, as well as quite cheap.

Luxury isn't about Nespresso machines and cool designs in the elevator; it's about service and attention to detail. This isn't a luxury hotel it may look like one but it's not.

I'm going back to Canberra and will be choosing another property to spend my money.

For what it's worth, the same girl checked me out and never asked if I had liked my stay.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Pdittay
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently had my birthday at Lucky's Speakeasy Bar and had a fantastic night
All of my guests and myself felt that the service at Lucky's was exceptional and the food was delicious and a good amount. We all had a lot of fun and it was very relaxed. The area designated for us was also very suitable. Our waitress was amazing.
Everything ran very smoothly and we would definitely return for future occasions.
We enjoyed being able to wander upstairs at the end of the night to our room and had friends come and meet us for breakfast the next morning at Capitol Bar and Grill, which was also a great selection of food and fabulous service.
We would definitely recommend Lucky's to other people and so would many of my guests.
I made all arrangements through Ericka who made the experience very relaxed and easy to organise and the staff on the night also continued this exceptional service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kath_loves_2_travel
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently had my first experience at the QT Canberra, and it won't be my last. The hotel has a humorous political theme to its decor, which gives a real sense of character to the place. More importantly, the rooms are neat and clean with all the expected facilities, and the bathroom had a very a nice shower. Wifi was free (as it always should be) and reliable. The breakfast buffet was excellent, including with eggs cooked to order. Finally, staff were all welcoming and friendly.

In short, the QT is worth a visit whenever you're next in Canberra.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Make sure you pop into Lucky's for a drinks or yummy nibbles. The drinks are expertly made, the staff are lovely and the music is melodic a mix of funky beats. We had some delicious nibbles as well the whiskey slider was sensational ! A very atmospheric evening we will be back for more!

Many Thanks.