I had businees in canberra and was put up at the QT on london circuit in a Queen room for 5 days. I enquired about extending my stay for a night and was quoted 195/night inc breakfast which I thought was extremely good value in canberra. The excellent service and funky styling also sets this place apart from other similarly priced mid-range hotels. And it's not every hotel where one could run into Barrack Obama in the lobby ;)
Recently refurbished, the standard of my room was very high. On 7th floor, with a walk out balcony, i had a lovely view of london circuit. On arrival, in my room, there was a welcome gift of bottled water, fruit basket with strawberries, apples, bannanas and citrus and a free drink voucher at Lucky's bar. These were certainly appreciated but I'm unsure if this was a standard amenity or a promotion associated with recent rebranding of the hotel. Heres hoping it was the former.
The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of pillow options (soft to firm), so i slept very well. The mini bar at the QT was also certainly not boring. In addition to the usual drinks and nibbles, one could fix up an "old fashioned", purchase and "emergency" bow tie and spy kit toy set circa 1950. The in room wireless was fast, very usable and free of charge on my booking. There was a nespresso machine with four pods that were replaced daily.
The breakfast was also top notch in terms of variety and quality and included an egg station with omelettes and poached eggs made to order. Had dinner in Capitol Bar and grill and drinks at Lucky's one night and was very satisfied with both. Make sure to join up as priority guest rewards member for 20% discount off F&B in the hotel. My opinion is that the prices are somewhat high without this.
I also have to highlight the service at QT as a standout. Everyone from front desk, restaurant staff, bartenders and housekeeping were friendly, helpful and would greet you with a smile which goes a long way to making one feel like a welcomed guest at a hotel. It's amazing how many 4/5 star hotels in Australia fail miserably at this but QT certainly gets it.
There were a couple negatives however, minor but worth mentioning. The location of the hotel is not the most central. Although i guess nothing is really that far away in canberra and arguably the extra 10 min walk to convention centre or canberra centre would benefit most of us. Secondly, there's no gym or pool at QT canberra or at least that i could find. So if it's your usual routine to get a workout in your hotel, be prepared to be dissapointed.
In summary, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at QT canberra and rate this one of the best hotels i've stayed in recent memory.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- QT Canberra sits within the iconic Lakeside hotel that has been the scene of many a handshake deal and long lunch. In the great tradition of Australian politics we do business with a wink and a nod and know that after a gruelling day of question time (from the kids or the leader of the opposition) you need a place to put your feet up an a soft bed to fall into. Our 205 guest suites are kitted out with designer decor and all the business savvy mod cons we know you need to get the job done. Expect a seamless technology offering and a team geared to assist you with any left-field requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your QT Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeside Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Lakeside Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Lakeside Hotel