When we arrived to the hotel. We paid for 6 people, only 5 beds. So had to ring for a roll away bed. It came up and it had a sink in the middle. The bathroom wasn't that clean the shower had bits of black around. It was old and needs to be updated. Things had been broken Like the spare bed out of the wall. The repair man said it was too dangerous to open. One of the hot plates didn't work. The sign looks like its been there for months. If things were broken they repair with putty and put in another hole. The taps are hard to open then water comes out fast wetting yourself. If I owned this apartment I wouldn't be happy with the repair going on. The bed we slept on was so uncomfortable I think it is as old as the building. The rooms were not serviced. Only towels and I had to ask for soap. The next day the room wasn't serviced at all. Complained so they brought up 3 towels and said they would talk to staff. Never returned. There was a sign on spa in gym, need repair, looks like it has been there for months. Pool was nice and tennis courts were nice. This put a dampen on our holiday as we were very sore the next days from beds. We needed a 3 bedroom as were are a family of 6. Would of been better off at the Caravan park The Aliviao.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the foreshores of Lake Burley Griffin, BreakFree Capital Tower enjoys stunning views over the Lake, the towering Brindabella Ranges and the sparkling lights of Canberra City. Offering a range of accommodation options, guests can chose from One, Two and Three Bedroom Apartments. The spacious self-contained apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, open-plan living and dining areas with most boasting spacious balconies to enjoy the breathtaking views, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities in each unit and a full sized bath with shower (some apartments offer ensuite bathrooms) After a day out exploring the city unwind in our indoor spa, sauna or heated outside pool, or enjoy a quiet meal in our large guest BBQ area. Tennis and squash courts are available to hire and we offer secure undercover parking ($10 per vehicle/per day). The property is surrounded by lush landscaped parklands with cycle and jogging tracks which provide the ideal incentive for a brisk morning run or early evening stroll. The property is within close proximity to Canberra's CBD, government offices and the major tourist attractions making it the ideal base for business trips, family holidays or a weekend away in the Nation's Capital. BreakFree Capital Tower has a strict No Party Policy. Maximum occupancy and noise level restrictions apply as per reservation. Anyone in breach of this will be dealt with accordingly. All our apartments are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your BreakFree Capital Tower Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Capital Tower Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Breakfree Capital Hotel Canberra