After booking the hotel on wotif.com knowing that the hotel was somewhere we wanted to return to after having spent a weekend there over 8 years ago, we discovered it was a mistake. On arrival, the very tense and abrupt receptionist bookied us into a double room after we booked a queen size room. We had to point out to her that our booking also included breakfast and asked her for directions to the restaurant. The room was large, spacious and cold. The airconditioner in the room, didn't have reverse cycle and there was a conveniently placed floor heater for us to plug in - if we got a little chilly.... IN CANBERRA!!! Housekeeping didn't come through our room and my husband had to chase down the housekeeper so HE could change our towels. On our last day, I had a minor accident where I hit my elbow in the room door as we were leaving. The incident caused my lebow to split and it tore my shirt. At reception there was no attempt by the staff to assist me, I had to ask for a bandaid (until I could get to a pharmacy to purchase some anticeptic ointment and proper bandaging. The staff kindly passed me a bandaid with a "there you go". No attempt was made to find out how I injured myself - I had to offer the information, there was no attempt to offer assistance or clean up my shirt which was stained with blood - a white shirt! The staff have definitely cemented my decision to never return to this hotel or recommend it to anyone. I was quite embarrassed that I gave it such rave reviews to my brother and his wife who stayed over the same weekend and were confused by my excitement. They requested an early check-in noting we had an engagement party to get to at 1pm. The room was conveniently ready at 1pm without apology for the delay noting they had priority guest rooms to clean before they got to my brothers and we were an hour late to the event - thank you very much Rydges. Not a recommended hotel, especially for the price you pay and the lack of customer service. We were made to feel as though we weren't entitled to any of our requests that were made on booking as we weren't a 'priority guest'. Below average hotel, with below average service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill