We regularly visit Canberra for shopping and dining overnight. We normally stay at the Canberra Hyatt but this time thought we would try something different. We booked a Queen Room with breakfast online in a NEWLY RENOVATED Queen Room… believe me the room may have some new furniture but the hotel is very 80’s and dated. When we arrived we were upgraded to a Honeymoon Suite... which was a nice gesture. The suite was large with separate lounge and split level bedroom area with a private spa and garden area with a glass terrarium style roof. The bed was very comfortable, however in the morning from 5:45am the sun shone directly in through the terrarium into the bedroom area… we could not block the light and could not sleep. Having been looking forward to a nice sleep in we found ourselves wide awake from 6am due to the light. The room was quite noisy with adjoining room bathroom noise excessive. We went down for breakfast around 8am to a busy breakfast dining area with more than 50% of the tables used but not cleared. We were left to find ourselves a table, by clearing another parties dirty table in the busy dining area. Half the area was blocked off and could not be accessed. We were then faced with a totally exhausted breakfast buffet with 80% of the very poorly presented and limited hot food not replenished and slim pickings on the remnants of the toast and pastry bar. We were advised along with a large group of other guests that more food was coming. After 30 minutes food did arrive to be immediately depleted again. Very poor breakfast and only wish we had left the hotel for one of the many quality cafes in Manuka or Kingston nearby for a quality breakfast and good coffee. We had to pay extra for espresso coffee which was weak, milky and warm. Overall the hotel foyer is modern and nice but the hotel hallways are dated and lack maintenance, if not grubby, with not a single picture on the level 3 hallway level. Check-in staff were welcoming and attentive but check-out staff officious and ill-disposed. Overall a disappointing experience and we would not recommend this hotel or visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill