We just had a great stay at Rydges Capital Hill. After reading the reviews on here I was a bit worried, but we had a great time there.
Some of what has been written about the hotel is accurate, it's had a semi-makeover. The public areas are nice, the room that we had overall was very nice, but the details let it down a bit. The beds were VERY comfortable, the room was clean, the WiFi was free and effective, the air con was very effective and the carpet & paint were fresh & new.
A few things give away the makeover as being partial: very old electricals/power points/air con controls, daggy tiles on bathroom floor.
BUT with such comfortable beds, new desk and amenities, nice big TV, tasteful decor, friendly staff and a great pool, we thought overall it was very good value for money.
The pool was particularly good for us as it's indoors which meant the kids could be in the pool for hours without worry of sunburn. And, unlike most indoor pools, the room was not stuffy or humid - it was very comfortable - and had good WiFi (free). They also provide some pool toys and safety floats.
The hotel is a 7 or 8 minute walk (with kids) to Manuka shops, movies, supermarket, etc. If you ave kids, there's a tank on the way to the shops that they can check out. The parking is under the hotel, which is handy - no worry about the weather - and there were always parking spots available during our stay.
It's also very close to the mint, parliament house and its not far from the reptile farm/dinsoaur museum/cockington green etc.
We found the hotel comfortable, friendly, clean and good value for money. We'll certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill