Check in, check out very efficient. Front desk staff excellent. The letdowns: breakfast on Sunday almost 'Fawlty Towers'-ish. Crockery and cutlery not available - patrons were drinking juice from coffee cups, not enough bread or hot food. Staff seemed to be doing their valiant best but there were just not enough of them. Was told that coffee from the cappuccino machine cost extra!
I had a hire car and was told it costs to park in the secure carpark and I thought this was odd, given the hotel's location probably meant most of the patrons would be driving to it. Ended up parking on the street behind. There were also a number of empty carparks nearby which looked to be un-used on the weekends and that would be an option for hotel patrons - just wondering why I wasn't given that choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE WIFI!! Rydges Capital Hill is the ideal Canberra hotel from which to base your stay in the Nation's Capital. Whether you are visiting for leisure or business, you'll find everything you need within close proximity at one of the best Canberra accommodation providers. This Canberra hotel is 500 metres from Parliament House, surrounded by the busy business districts of Barton and Parkes, walking distance to Manuka and Kingston, and close to most of Canberra's national attractions. The city is a 5 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Capital Hill Canberra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra Hotel Canberra
- Rydges Capital Hill Hotel Canberra
- Canberra Rydges Capital Hill