“I would happily stay here again”

Pacific Suites Canberra
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked 5 nights in a 1 bedroom suite and was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite (room 813). The rooms and bathrooms are very generous in size. Everything was very clean and the kitchen is well appointed with a full size fridge, oven and stove. There is a large balcony which is great and plenty big enough for the 4 seater table and chairs. This room is at the back of the building so it is quiet too. We were very pleased with the choice and only a 10 -15 min easy walk to the city. These apartments would be perfect for family travelling or 2 couples.
My only tiny beef was that I asked if I could arrange for a late checkout on the Sunday,. I was told I could check out for free at 11am (1/2 hour later than usual) but any later and it would incur a charge.

2  Thank ozzie5melbourne
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed there the last night of a business trip to Canberra and the South Coast of NSW. If only I had found this hotel earlier in the week. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The apartment was simply fantastic. Large, fresh,spotlessly clean, and beautifully appointed. It had a large balcony overlooking the pool and it was lovely sitting there later in the evening having a night cap. A wonderful experience and I will definitely stay there on my ext trip.

2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We booked a room for two at Clifton Suites for a one night stay to attend a wedding in Canberra and was rather worried about the reviews but it was one of the cheaper & better looking options we had. When we arrived after a 3 hour drive from Sydney, we were greeted by really lovely receptionists and was given directions to our room. When we saw the rooms we were confused because we only booked a one bedroom suite but it had two...we had been upgraded. We booked through watif.com so we thought maybe they made a mistake but our friends who arrived on the same day said they were also upgraded to a two room suite. It was really clean, with lovely decor and we loved the location...it was close to everything as we drove. Only complaint is minor, the lifts to get to our rooms were very confusing as we had to catch one to the car park and walk around the hotel to get to reception but we never bothered to find out a quicker route (as I am sure there is one). The bed was a little too hard for me however my husband had no complaints. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuduChic
Reviewed 15 February 2013

It started off with a pricey meal in the restaurant. They looked fantastic but I could not afford the $30 steak or $30 salmon.
I went into the bar and found a bar menu.
Holy god...the next 5 meals I had there beat anything I've had in 5 years. $12-$16 meals that are a whole nother level.
The service is better than I've ever experienced in the entire hotel. I would pay anything to stay here again. On the last night I ordered a blue steak and you will never guess.... It came out as a BLUE steak!!! That has not happened to me in a while. So, the Clifton suites get 100/100!
Even the toughest critic would find it hard to fault the luxury and value here. Enjoy the stay. Also this hotel may ruin every experience you will have in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Fattymallen
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I recently had a 2 night stay for work. I was upgraded to a suite with two bedrooms, kitchen, lounge and laundry. Very nice if I had the family with me. Good range of tv channels. Bed was very comfortable and air conditioning was effective even in a large room.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back of the complex. Northbourne can get busy.
2  Thank Lucy4810
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I am a frequent business traveller to Canberra and my wife accompanies me for most of the time. If she is with me, this is the hotel of my choice. It has big spacious rooms, well equipped kitchenette, neat and clean, good sleep, nice balcony and dining area. The only thing I don't like about it is it's low quality shampoo and body wash gel.
It's very near to restaurants, market and shops. The best choice if travelling with family.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Arshid
Reviewed 4 February 2013

If you want somewhere that's clean,spacious,secure parking and well located look nowhere else.
Have good room service menu as well as restaurant..Walking distance to civic was the added bonus.Saves city parking fees.Great little cafe opposite rear entry.1 st choice liquor opposite rear entry also.
Will be back in Feb!!