“Ok food but why a TV?”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Bermagui, Australia
“Ok food but why a TV?”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

3 of us had lunch here and the food and service was quite nice but while they seem to be trying to have a relaxed atmosphere I can't understand why they would have a TV playing above the bar and facing into the dining area. Thankfully they didn't have midday soapies on!

• Visited July 2013

Hawker, Australia
“Unbelievable ,disappointing apathetic service”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We eat breakfast at Rock Salt about every 2 months.
Service has unfortunately been going down hill, but our last breakfast I felt it was close to the worst I have had anywhere!!
We were seated on a dirty table which I had to ask to be cleaned.
Our breakfast arrived and we went to start realising we had no cuttlery.
An ingredient listed on the menu was not present in my dish, when asked about this the waiter questioned if I was sure, before going to check with the kitchen. After waiting 5-10 minutes I enquired again and the waiter was exceptionally defensive saying he hadn't had time to go and buy it!!!
When the ingredient (avocado ) was finally added to my now cold meal it was delivered with a quick comment about it being hard!!!! AND it WAS No offer of discounting or genuine apology was made ,we their unvalued customers were just expected to pay the $70 bill. THAT WILL BE THE LAST TIME we put ourselves through such a frustrating breakfast out at Rock Salt.
LIFT YOUR GAME

• Visited July 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Rocksalt rocks!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had a wonderful dinner last night with 4 friends and the food was spectacular. I haven't eaten so well in ages - every plate was a visual work of art and the flavour combinations were thrilling. My duck confit salad was to die for, and as for the Beef cheeks... mmmm! Servings were very generous which was a nice surprise, and well worth the price. The wine list was brilliant, and my only regret was being to full (after 2 courses) to enjoy dessert, as the brulee and the soft meringue looked enticing at tables nearby. Our smiling waitress was very attentive and the room was warm, cosy and colourful on a bleak winter's night; I think none of us really wanted to leave!

• Visited June 2013
Batemans Bay, Australia
“Great local”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

What a treat to not have to drive far for excellent food. Its a winner and the staff excel in great service.

Canberra
“Cozy, fun dining”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Time to catch up wth friends, so we needed somewhere that you could talk and not be crowded out with noise. Rocksalt offers prompt service, a cozy atmosphere and good value.

Visited May 2013