“Coffs Harbor Dump Nasty - desk clerk peeked in Window@!”
Review of Ocean Parade Motel

Ocean Parade Motel
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Syracuse, New York
“Coffs Harbor Dump Nasty - desk clerk peeked in Window@!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

dirty filthy nasty critters etc etc etc

None of the bad reviews lied! and NOT near the river OR beach.. I left in morning and I paid for 3 days I forfeited! I was afraid I would be on utube due to hearing desk clerk outside window - and peeking in.. I slept in clothes!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank geri1234913

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kyogle, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently had cause to spend a night in Coffs Harbour whilst returning from a holiday down the south coast with my family. A room for the ight cost me $120 but i paid it because it was close to the river and beaches so i could take my son fishing. I found the rooms, floors and bedding to feel quite dirty. The room layout was normal for a motor-in, but very outdated, cracked tiles everywhere in the bathroom and rubbish under the beds. All in all, a very dissappointing end to a holiday. If i had have paid $80, i would not have been so upset, but i coud have stayed somewhere much nicer for my $120.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SteveNatRyan

Travellers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed in an upstairs room & I was informed of this when I booked. It is difficult getting up the stairs if you have a lot of luggage but I was only there for one night, so all was fine. The staff at check in were very friendly (check in is from 1pm) and the room (#11) was clean. Towels were arranged in a pattern on the bed and looked as if care had been taken in presentation.
The motel is located across from the beach (no views because of the coastal vegetation) and close to the Bowling Club and a service station.
There is a small pool at the front of the property and a very inviting BarBQ area.
There is air conditioning (very noisy 'window rattler) and a ceiling fan and I presume the rooms would be very hot in summer.
Right place for me for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Grafton
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great room layout. However it wasn't serviced daily, no clean towels or sheets. No soap was supplied on arrival. Rubbish under the beds and dust on the benches. Bins wern't changed inside the room or outside ashtrays are over flowing. Cracked tiles in the room. Good value for the room however could be more maintained and serviced.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Alicelee2228
Liverpool
Reviewed 20 April 2014

On arrival the room smelt very musty , there are broken tiles everywhere on the floor . The pictures on the website are not at all like the rooms are . Clean towels are not given daily . The staff were helpful when I booked over the phone but from then on I did not feel comfortable to ask for anything as clean towels were a big issue , I thought that was a standard thing as there was no laundry there to wash them myself otherwise I would have . The reception was closed aswell 80% of the time we were there.

• Stayed April 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very clean and in our opinion at $90 very good value.
We like the fact that you can drive right up to the front door unless of
course you want to be upstairs.
Also the opportunity to have a nice BBQ dinner in the grounds if you wish.
Utensils provided .........just bring your meat and salad with you.
If you want to dine out there are restaurants in the same street.........an easy level stroll.
Right across the road from the beach it's a great location.
Nice Proprietors and we will certainly return

The only negative we have ( and this applies to so many motels we visit ) is the electric jugs for tea making are too big to fit in the hand basin for filling.
Using a cup is most inefficient.

Small fridge, tea making facilities, in wall air conditioning, ( some quite noisy) comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here quite some time ago.

Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a spa suite for no extra charge ontop of a normal room, much to our delight.
We took full advantage of the facilities, it was simply amazing!
The location was ideal as well.

We had the continental breakfast for $6 as well out on the bush deck, simple divine, that was until someone started smoking. We immediately left.

All in all we would definitely stop here again! :D

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple