“Clean & Comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 17 Coffs Harbour B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Clean & Comfortable”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Bosuns Inn. We received a warm and friendly welcome (with lots of advice on things to do and see during our short stop in Coffs Harbour). The rooms themselves are clean, with very comfortable beds, fantastic shower and very quiet. The location is excellent - straight across the road from a lovely beach and a short walk to the bowling club for a kid friendly dinner. The wi-fi worked well so the kids were happy, good value for money and we would happily come back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Quirindi, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here 2 years ago last year staying elsewhere but not enjoying our stay we decided to go back to an old faithful! We weren't disappointed. It's an older style motel but VERY clean with really comfortable beds, nice hot shower and easy walk to pubs and clubs for dinner. Directly across the road from the beach, nice for a stroll or kids to play. We will be back again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

These people are SHARKS.........Because I rang ahead and cancelled, they took my money off my credit card with out telling me. A phone call would of been nice, I left one with them. But no-one called me back. When I rang no one said that they would charge me and no one rang me back.
And now they took $110 off my credit card which I need to get my child to the doctors.
They are sharks, I have never had this done to me before.....
I am travelling on my own with my children, no other driver. One of my children got sick and I had other things on my mind, other than trying to drive with a sick child to Coffs Harbour. I rang as soon as I figured out I could not make it there, and this is how they treat you.

Disgracefull

Distasteful

Never deal with these people.

and I will be posting this every where, for they took $110 off me and my children, money that I need to get him better.

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank marita c
Gympie, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in 1 bedroom apartment. Very clean with friendly hosts. Free wi-fi a bit hit and miss - sometimes available, sometimes not. Shower just a trickle and bathroom extremely small and basic. Bed comfortable, lounge uncomfortable. Worst part was we didn't realise til morning that the refrigerator was not turned on so spoiled food was the result. Have never gone into a motel and had to turn the fridge on!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Banksia Beach, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed one night, when travelling down the coast; and we stayed another night on our return journey. I chose this motel because we had our adult son accompanying us and I was able to book a room with a separate bedroom enclosed, at a decent rate. The room was immaculately clean and fresh, although a tad small in size (especially the bathroom) but it was perfect for a short stay. I walked on the lovely beach which was directly opposite. My men walked across the road to the bowling club for a beer then we walked along to the nearby pub and had an excellent dinner in a recently refurbished establishment (they have cheap and delicious meals). There were facilities for breakfast in the room and my husband ate his at the table immediately outside.
Cars are securely parked at the back of the building with plenty of security lights around. The service station next door has a minimart and I also drove 500 metres to the city plaza for a quick shop. All in all, a very pleasant experience. We will revisit this motel.

Room Tip: The rooms with a separate bedroom are good value if you need extra space.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a free upgrade room, hosts were very helpful and welcoming. Comfortable and quiet. Did not swim as pool area quite small and seating rather crowded. Located opposite the beach for walking, and within walking distance of the main street for dining so long as you are reasonably fit. Recommend visiting the beaches just north of this motel.

Room Tip: Everyone walks past the unit closest to the pool on the ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wagstaffe, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this place because of its location and it had really good reviews on Trip Advisor. It definitely lived up to its reviews! We stayed in the Novotel the night before and the bed at Bosuns was 100 times more comfy, rooms were cosy, location great & great value for money! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014