“Excellent!”

Ranked #5 of 214 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Aqua is a landmark local cafe and the home away from home for many locals and visitors to the Coffs coast. Owners Damien & Davina have created a relaxed environment and filled it with busy chatter, sumptuous smells from kitchen and exceptional food and hospitality. Deserving of every recommendation at Aqua we never disappoint.Aqua's food is outstanding and made using the best locally sourced produce available - all our cakes, muffins, friands a specialty and made on premise while our earlybirds enjoy our breakfast specials or the ever popular smoked salmon scrambled eggs - aqua has an extensive Gluten Free menu also available. Our coffee is exemplary with our barista's serving up Merlo Coffee, a wide selection of organic teas and freshly squeezed juices which can be enjoyed on the deck, under the sails or inside the cafe - or to take away and walk along the beach. Bookings for breakfast and lunch are welcomed and recommended for our busy Saturday and Sunday mornings.Available for your next private function or catering to corporates - enquiries can be made at the cafe or contact us through the website.We look forward to seeing you soon. Damien & Davina
Dubbo, Australia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

On my most recent visit to Coffs Harbour, I was lucky to be able to revisit Cafe Aqua - nothing has changed since my last visit.... the food is still as good as it was back in 2012 and freshly made to order! Will use again on a future visit!

• Visited March 2014

Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I hadn't been to Café Aqua for years and a friend told me that it had improved so I took my Aunt along. We were very disappointed with our lunch. My chicken was dry and overcooked, the noodle salad undercooked and the peanut sauce had no flavour. My aunt had the dukkah crusted haloumi with fig chutney. None of these ingredients should have been on a plate together. The positive was definitely the coffee which was one of the best I've had in Coffs. I've recommended the coffee to friends and may return for another cup myself but I'll definitely give the food a miss.

• Visited April 2014
“Good food, happy staff, great vibe. ”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Decided to lunch here based on the reviews. Was not disappointed. Husband had the burger and I had the pan seared baby squid salad. Both were excellent. Staff were attentive and on the ball, and they actually look like they enjoy working here.

1 Thank Jacintha M
Brisbane
“Great cafe!!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Friends told us to stop here on our travels and it didn't disappoint. Decent coffee and a breakfast menu which more than satisfied all our cravings.
Great value and great service which you don't always get these days. Would recommend to anyone travelling through Coffs Harbour.

Visited March 2014
new south wales
“Worst $30 spent.”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Very very disappointed. Have been a couple of times now over the past year but for me this was the last straw. Staff were so rude, it was like nobody wanted to be there and were taking it out on the customers. I almost walked out halfway through my stale sandwich (on home brand bread?) but it would have been a shame to cut time with my friends short. Such a shame, I had previously thought it to be okay but my coffee was burnt too. Everything about my last visit was disappointing, think this will remain my last visit. Might opt for the jetty strip next time!

antch, Owner at Cafe Aqua, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We thank you for taking time to review the café.

Upon ready your review we are a little confused as we don't serve sandwiches. The breads used for lunch are bagels, Turkish baps (roll), focaccia and wraps - all of which are served toasted.

Our staff are trained to ask during the meal and when paying at the register how you meal is and had this been bought to our attention at the time we would have been able to rectify.

As you state you've been into the café on a few occasions we wouldn't like to loose your custom and would appreciate you contacting the owners to discuss your feedback.