“Amazing location and quality teaching”
Review of Spot X

Spot X
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was picked up from Sydney and dropped off in Byron Bay and both buses were reasonably new and had air con etc. My stay was amazing, we had surf lessons twice a day and the social aspect was good as well! The quality of teaching was good, we were in a smallish group and by half way through most people were standing and surfing well! I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn to surf in Australia, the teaching, accommodation and social side is all very good!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Dan M, General Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Hey Alex,

Thanks for taking the time out to review our product thats great. Super stoked that you had a great time, look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Aus. Take care and keep surfing.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Great surf instructors, great food, great people. We spent a week here in april/may and it was the highlight of our time in australia! We miss it so much! If you want to learn how to surf, and/or have a great time- Go to spot X!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tonje V
Dan M, General Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thanks Tonje sounds like you guys had an epic time. Im so happy that we could be the highlight of your trip, its great feedback as this is what we strive for with every client to stand out and give them the best time while travelling aus. Enjoy the rest of your trip and make sure you keep surfing. yewww

Reviewed 14 May 2014

"Come and have a beer" was the most said thing by everyone I met while staying here in May 2014.. Ive been coming for a while now, and the friendliness of the people who choose to stay here is what keeps me coming back. I don't know whether its the early morning surf lessons, God moments on the water on paddleboards at first light watching Dolphins play around, or the sheer Aussie beauty of Kangaroos hopping all over the place, but something really brings out the best in people here. Awesome dudes and dudettes having a great time in the water - what could be more Aussie. I'll keep coming back. I feel like Im coming home every time. AUSSIE MUST DO!

Room Tip: Get a waterfront villa and pay a little extra to wake up to the rising sun off your balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Dan M, General Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Grandmaster thanks for the kind words. Its always great to see people return and continue to live the dream. Keep surfing and having a great time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Best surf instructor. It wasn't just me that appreciated how helpful he was. Everyone in my group, and many in the other groups that I spoke to were all very impressed with how much passion he had for his job and for teaching everyone the basic knowledge of surfing. We really enjoyed our stay at Spot X. Enough to book a month long camp.
The whole program was very helpful to us. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a toilet. Especially for ladies.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Dan M, General Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Jenron1234, Thanks for your feedback on Glen. He is an asset to our team, a great bloke and a great coach. I will let him know that he rocks and has made a difference to your stay here at Spot X and Trip with Mojo Surf. Thanks again and keep surfing and living the dream. yewww

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Being a beach lover myself, I knew I was going to love this place, but nothing prepared me for the stunning views, fun yet relaxed atmosphere and most importantly the waterfront rooms! You literally walk outside and you are there!! Spot X is definitely a little piece of paradise, where you can swim all day, chill out listening to music while having a couple of drinks or get your surf on!! No matter what your skill level for surfing, the instructors are fantastic and thorough and I guarantee they will have you up on those boards. I did it and I am probably one of the most uncoordinated people I know! Thanks Spot X! Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Pick a waterfront!! The tee pees look awesome as well!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dan M, General Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks Bunyip Travels for your review on our little secret piece of paradise, looks like the secret is out so please keep telling people how cool this place is. Its always great to hear when guests come and immerse themselves into our lifestyle and culture. Sounds like you had a very relaxed and awesome time and you are always welcome back. Look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well, where to start? Right from the first minute of arriving at Spot X surf camp through to the sad goodbye at the end, I felt like I was part of the MoJo team! The staff at the camp were so inviting, friendly & totally devoted to the surf lifestyle. There was nothing too big or too small that they would not help with (mind you the too big – was teaching me how to surf!!)

The location is a secret little secluded spot in a National park just far enough off the beaten track to be private and hidden but close enough to still be able to head into civilization for those all-important bottle-shop runs that the staff do every afternoon. So accommodating!! There is no bar on site, which means that the staff will actually drive you in to the town centre to pick-up supplies AND you save money not having to pay bar prices!!

The instructors were so informative when teaching us how to surf, not only did we come away from the camp being able to surf but we also learnt about the safety precautions, rips etc.. EVERYTHING involved with surfing and how surf is formed!!

Last but not least – I could not believe the quality of food! I was seriously blown away by the amount & variety of meals that were cooked for us each day! Everything was fresh, healthy & YUM!!

A definite must do when travelling the east coast/learning how to surf/ or for even the nature enthusiast; as the wildlife down at Spot X is in abundance!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Dan M, Manager at Spot X, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Megsi,

Your review is awesome thankyou for the kind words and feedback on my staff. We aim to ensure that all guests have a great time and get a hassle free taste of our laid back vibe and surf culture. Its good to hear that our focus and aim is being met and that it has allowed you to share your experience.

I will let Garry know you loved his cooking, he take so much pride in what he serves and does his best so will get a kick out of your review.

Thanks again and feel free to come back to Spot X at any time.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

What a sensational location,right on the beach, great for early morning jog and of course Surfing! We had a really great time. The Accommodation in the cabins was basic but clean and comfortable,we didn't expect a TV !..nice to sit on our own private deck and take in the view. Meals were great, very homestyle and plenty to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Kayley,

The views from the decks are great, im glad we could share them with you. Thanks for taking the time to write your review and provide feedback on Spot X. I will let our chef know that he is hitting the spot with the food and hope to see you again soon. Keep surfing and living the dream.