“Filthy bug infested overpriced hole” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Paradise Holiday Units

and 1 more site!
Ocean Paradise Holiday Units
Canberra, ACT
“Filthy bug infested overpriced hole”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I drove from Canberra to QLD with my 2 daughters (1 is disabled) to spend time with my dying father. I booked a 3 day stay at this hotel on our return trip so that the kids could have some fun. OMG the Ocean Paradise should be called the Ocean Hell Motel. It is filthy! Both my kids were bitten by bugs while siting on the couch for 5 minutes. The chairs and dining table were sticky and dirty, the cupboards were full of cockroach droppings, and the place was full of cockroaches. There is no air con and the fans had a thick layer of greasy dust on the top of the blades so you couldn't use them unless you wanted to get covered in filth. The microwave was dirty inside and out. The fly screens on the window were broken and fly screens were non existent on the doors. The pool was at low tide and had dead palm branches in it. The towels were thin, rough and had holes and were tiny. You have to do all the washing up and rubbish disposal yourselves otherwise you get charged extra. The whole place is infested with dust mites and your skin literally crawls and itches. I couldn't sleep. When I checked out after 1 night and told management they denied it all and charged me for an extra night. I ended up being charged $250 US for 1 night. Stay away from this place it should be condemned and torn down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SaZee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked this motel on booking.com! From the pictures it looked very nice! Arrived and was completely disappointed! Would definitely not go back! It has no air conditioning, was very outdated and grubby and had a massive cockroach and ant problem! It says that it has a nice lush garden and pool area, on arrival pool was very a dirty and garden was not maintained! The whole motel needs to be updated badly! Only good thing about this place is its location! Would not recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Tamworth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had the unfortunate experience of staying there a couple of weeks ago. I am surprised wotif had it on their site. We had to wash dishes etc on arrival as they were sticky and grubby the teatowel felt dirty and sticky and very thin. The kitchen area was grubby. Bathroom was no better the towels were extremely thin, thank goodness we bought our own, no bath mat was provided. The pool area was no better untidy and unkept. A water feature in that area has rank water in the base of it, should have been cleaned out. The folk running the place were not at all pleasant to deal with. Extremely abrupt and rude.. What shocked us also, there was a bike lock on the sofa bed!!! OMG who does that??? It is the first time I have ever come across anything like that!! At $135.00 per night one should expect much better.. Paid that amount at another place the following weekend, that place was extremely clean, and the staff were professional and lovely..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 151Vickim71
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Amiable staff,well positioned,spotlessly clean and very cheap. The ceiling fan provided adequate coolth for us. The pool was clean and inviting.

It is not 5 star but does not pretend to be. I expect that one day soon it will be knocked over and a high rise erected there because the position is so good,close to the beach.

Room Tip: We only needed a double room but there seemed to be family units. Worth checking if you are taking t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chris h
brisbane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

By far the worst place i have ever stayed in!!!!!! Myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter had booked into this motel for 1 night on the 13th august 2013 on our drive home from Sydney. Upon arriving everything looked good. We asked for a separate double room and a single bed for our daughter which they accommodated. Upon entering the room everything look ok but the whole place was so out dated and worn and for $99 a night I expected more. The fun began later that night after we had put our daughter into bed in the bedroom. My husband and I were sitting on the lounge having a drink whilst watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I seen 5 cockroach's walking on the kitchenette floor some were babies some bigger. My Husband killed these and put them in the bin. No longer than 5 minutes there were another 4 walking on the floor, walls and counters. again my husband killed them and put them in the bin after the 4th time we stoppped removing the dead bodies and just left them for management to see the next day. I reckon we killed over 30 cockroach's that night. Next morning I went to see the manaer and explained what we had experienced the night before he never even apoligised and just said he found it hard to believe there were cockroach's bbecause they sprayed every monday, I offered to bring him down and show him the dead cockroach's but he ignored my offer. No offer of a refund was made and he bacame very agitated when my husband mentioned that he'd be given the health inspector a call but again no apology or offer of a refund. Upon leaving his office very dissatisified my husband was approached by a gentleman that had been staying in a room on the second floor with a very small baby, he too had said he'd seen some cockroach's the night before too. I have Asthma and my daughter at the time had a respiratory infection which as we all know is exasperated by cockroach faeces which I also informed the manger of this and he didn't seem at all bothered or concerned.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

we have stayed in Coffs a few times and this would not be our first choice. However leaving our trip to the last minute Ocean Paradise did offer comfortable but basic accommodation ,but very cheap. There were a few things we did want (from previous stays ) Close to the beach, shops, eating establishments and we didnt need to use our car !The position of Ocean Paradise offered all this.Being Winter we did not use the pool or BBQ area. The staff were friendly and willing to please. the bed was comfy but the rooms small --you would not want to spend a lot of time in them. This establishment seemed more like an overnight motel --rather than a long term family stays. It depends what you are looking for --cheap short accommodation it was ok but I would not recommend to families planning their holiday --there are better places to stay .
Also the parking was first in policy and sometimes cars were on the road. The walls are also pretty thin--so it depends who you neighbours are. As stated you get what you pay for !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple