“A Comfortable Place for a One Night Stop”

Quality Inn City Centre
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a rather long drive from Brisbane we arrived in Coff's Harbour just as it was getting dark (July). We dodged about the southern end of town and looked in a couple of places before plumping for the Quality Inn City Centre for a room for the night.

The receptionist was business-like rather than friendly and didn't give anything when we questioned the price of the room which we thought was a little high. I thought we might have deserved a little discount at that time of night given the season and the lack of business.

The hotel is built around a central courtyard, motel style, with two stories as I recall. There is a pool. The dining-room was closed on the night we were there, a Sunday night, so I cannot comment on the quality of the food. There is also a pool but we didn't have the opportunity to try it out.

The room, on the ground floor, was spacious and comfortable. There were two beds and a bed settee, a table and chairs and fridge. The room was clean and tidy as was the bathroom which while functional was certainly adequate.

The hotel is close to the town centre with shops and restaurants in easy walking distance (ten minutes)

I slept well so assume the bed was comfortable and the room quiet although I had been driving all day and was pretty exhasuted.

No great complaints; a comfortable place for a one night stop. I can't really comment on the suitability for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InnesG1958
Mathew H, Manager at Quality Inn City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

InnesG1958,

Thankyou for taking the time out to review the Quality Inn City Centre. We have noted all of your concerns in regard to pricing. We have reviewed all rates and have made changes to these. In regard to furnishings and bedding we take pride in using nothing but quality. So I am pleased to hear you had a good nights sleep. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We needed a clean room and comfy bed for a 2 night stay in Coffs, close to the city and airport, and Quality Inn fitted the bill perfectly.

Walking distance to the main shopping centre and restaurants nearby, (the in house restaurant is closed on Friday and Saturday).

Staff were all very polite, efficient and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Grant,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to maybe, one day, having you stay again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I needed to book in early due to not much sleep at a different hotel I had stayed in the previous day. The manager was very accommodating. The last time I stayed here I told them about the lights shining in the room from the outside lights, to my surprise the lights had been moved and no problems. Great management. The rooms were very clean and best part the bed comfortable, had a great sleep. I will be coming back here again when I book my next trip. Well done to the staff

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Milkmana2

Milkmana2

We appreciate you taking your time to review our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciated your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed at this, and other, particularly Dubbo [we arranged about 20 rooms for a family reunion] Quality Inns before, and always found them clean and comfortable. Therefore we stayed overnight, Monday June 23, in Coffs Harbour. We know cheaper hotels are available but were shocked to be charged $195.00 for a deluxe room. The room was at the rear of the hotel, which was fine, but we cannot work out why it is described as deluxe. Suppose is our fault for not confirming the price before we checked in. Anyway, now we know and will certainly not be staying there in future because there are other well known, clean, comfortable hotels, available. Could have stayed elsewhere for $65.00, but would have been willing to pay say $120.00 at Quality Inn, not $195.00. On the same trip we stayed at Burleigh Heads in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, beachview hotel for $135.00 per night and Mantra Kingscliff, ocean view, great breakfast included for $176.00.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the cost, and maybe view the room before checkin to confirm description.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S

David,

Thankyou for taking your time to review our property. All reviews we take seriously, as well as acting upon feedback given. In regard to you review it is no different. We have looked at all pricing levels and have made some changes. In regard to the 'Deluxe' room, they are much larger in floor space and bathroom size to our 'Standard Hotel' room and feature a corporate workspace. We hope that all our furnishings, facilities, location and service met your expectations. We hope you may in future choose to return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I travel all over the country on business and make the Quality Inn my stopover in Coffs Harbour. The staff are exceptionally pleasant and I'm a finicky eater so they have no problem catering to my special requirements. Rooms are exceptionally clean and modern. I like my coffee and there's a great machine on the buffet where I can have my two hits for the day. Only 200m easy walk to restaurants, the Coast Hotel and CBD so location is perfect.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 202 this time which was great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Paul,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property, as well as your return patronage. We look forward to being able to look after you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked for two nights in a spa room. At check was given directions to local restaurants but the receptionist failed to tell me the name of the street unhelpful. The pillows were hard and you had to go searching for a soft pillows. Greeted with a smile. Restaurant was closed for a stay over on a weekend I found this strange and not happy. Not when you pay so much for a room. Yes no exhaust fan in the bathroom and the spa nozzles didn't all work. Parking was easy.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the main road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Charlotte,

Thankyou for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed that your stay was not what you expected. After reading your review all of pillows in the spa rooms ( which were a larger pillow to fit the queen beds) have all been replaced to a much softer pillow that is used in all other rooms. The spa nozzles have also been upgraded. Yes, unfortunately, our restaurant does not open on Friday and Saturday nights. During this period we do offer chargeback facilities at many local restaurants and establishments. We have also made sure that all directions given to these restaurants is done so much clearer. We hope you may look to return to us and leave with a different experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This trip I had another rep with me simply though my recommendation we decided to stay at this venue again, meals were superb, both dinner and breakfast but we both thought the room was very much over priced. As far as parking was concerned I didn't have any problem with our showroom vehicle but my rep did with his car,another let down so we will be thinking twice next trip. Corp rate $170.00 per night bit high guys.

Room Tip: Don't get a room to close to highway, can get a bit of truck noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Merv,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed most facets of our property. I am concerned as to the problem with the car that you encountered?? There is plenty of onsite parking. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future. If there are any concerns please contact us at the hotel directly and we will endeavour to look after any special requests you may have.