“Convinient location”

Country Comfort Coffs Harbour
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have travelled this route many times before and have always stoped at this lovely motel situated next to the Coffs Harbour’s most famous site - Big Banana, along the Pacific Highway. Now travelling from Canberra to Gold Coast this motel it is just in the right spot for a good night rest, before arriving at our holiday destination - GC.
This time we opted for a quiet Executive Room which unfortunately was not as good as the 2 room family suit that we have stayed in previously. This room had one small queen size bed, which was very hard and not at all comfortable after long hours of driving. Large flat screen TV had a wide black line across it, which made watching TV quite annoying. I also looked forward to having dinner at the motel’s restaurant as it always had a lobster, at very reasonable price on the menu. I was very disappointed to find out that the new management did not find a cheap lobster dish profitable enough and got rid of it! I don't remember what I ended up having for dinner but I think it was ok.
Anyway... I will still be very happy to stay at this motel next year, due to a fantastic location and sentimental value of course.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean but everything was very much in need of updating..it was like stepping back 30 years with the decor..it was ok for one night ..bed was reasonably comfy.i guess you got what you paid for one

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Deborah F
Reviewed 17 April 2013

was nice to pull in after a 5 & a half hour road trip & be greeted with smiling faces : ) .Our room was directly opposite the swimming pool & the look of the water sooo tantalising to the eyes. The room was very neat, clean & comfortable .The grandchildren swam till they shivered & lips were blue .... nothing that a hot shower would solve : ).The grandkids even commented on the nice smelling shampoo conditioner & body wash on the wall ... ( may have to invest in one of those to keep them happy at our house. To the Big Banana tomorrow a short stroll up the street ... really next door ...so our one nighter has turned into 2 .Thank you to the great staff @ The Country Comfort .The Mathews family Singleton NSW

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Two nights in a pretty old place, trouble with first room, no running water, moved to only room available, disabled room, lots of room but no furniture, no kettle, got it sorted with another trip to Reception. Owner/chef having private party in restaurant so not open to public. Pool was great as quite a hot day when I stayed, pretty impersonable thought, a bit run down but adequate for under $100 a night. Need a car to get to shops and beach. I did not notice traffic noise from highway so could not fault that.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Well as we have often stayed here in the past with the old owners we were going to stay somewhere else but it got the better of us and decided to give it a go and all I can say is from the moment I phoned to make the reservation I new it was the best decision the new team were very happy friendly and helpful and gave us a great re-opening special. The new management team are very professional and we couldn't fault them at all. The restaurant was great value also. Glad we phoned up again and booked direct and not a $79 WOTIF special which we could have jumped at the great price but stuck with our spa room at a great price it goes to say if you spend a little more you'll always walk away happy well we definately did and after being worried with new owners I think they are way better definatlely look forward to a year of travelling for work again I know where we will be staying :) Thanks Alisha, Monica and Amanda we look forward to seeing you all again and good luck!!

Room Tip: Call direct they are great and happy to help you
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed overnight on the way home to Sydney with my 6 month old son. Despite having prepaid they had trouble finding my booking. The air conditioning was not working and it was 30 degrees, so very uncomfortable. The kettle had to of been at least 30 years old, the bathroom fitting looked about the same. The bed felt like it was made of cheap foam, so also not comfortable. The tv was very old also. All in all they place could do with a major refurbishment. The most disappointing thing was that the pool was not available due to maintainance and at no point was I advised of this until I got myself and my son ready for a swim and walked down to find a sign on the fence... It might have been nice to be informed off this at check in. I paid $89 for the room for 1 night but I understand that the normal rate for this room is $120, and I frankly would not recommend paying that much... There are probably cheaper but better quality places in Coffs Harbour.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Kmbrly84
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We booked an overnight stopover in Coffs Harbour on the way back to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast. We were first given room 25; we were first greeted with a very old fridge that was in very poor condition and was not working, so full of water. The overall condition of the room was very dated and shabby. We were then moved to room 30 which was equally as dated and shabby, certainly seen better days way back when! The overall cleanliness of the room was very poor and the carpet was stained, the room also had a stale odour. The air-conditioning was the very noisy, old wall type so when we tried to get to sleep it was a toss up between the traffic on the highway or the air-conditioner to decide which was the noisiest. There was also inconsistencies between the two rooms, the first had a flat screen TV and a hairdryer yet the second had a very old TV and no hair dryer. Although wireless internet was included in the price there was no information provided and we had to call the reception to ask about it. The tea/coffee making facilities left a lot to be desired! The kettle was a very old, whistler, type that did no automatically cut off when it boiled. The cups and tea/coffee were kept in a cupboard that was also home to a cockroach! We will not be staying again!!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family