Stayed here for a weekend conference.
Four weeks prior to the conference made 4 unsuccessful attempts to book accommodation reserved for our group.
Booked direct online and paid in full
Upon arrival they took a credit card swipe of $100 for 'incidentals'. There was nothing to eat or drinl in the room fridge and the cappucino I ordered at breakfast was paid for in cash upon check-out so I am perplexed by what incidentals I may have used...
The corridor to my room at the very south end of the complex reminded me of the entrance to a public school toilet block. Dirty, dank, dark concrete. So dark I could barely see, in daylight, the keyhole in the door.
I've had a bigger room in a mid class Hong Kong hotel.
My room at this resort had a lovely view of the car park.
Long walk to the resort main complex which I really enjoyed. It meandered through a canopy of trees, past bbqs and pools and was very relaxing. No problem with it at all.
The portable room heater in my room was broken, which was reported to the main desk the following morning. The girls said she would report it to housekeeping and then started to walk away. I had to ask her if she wanted my room number...:(
Heater was not replaced during my 2 night stay and it was a very cold weekend. Room ws not made up either.
In short this property has potential because it has fabulous grounds, facilities and beach access, but I suspect the management is poor, cutting staff numbers, leaving them with a couldn't give a damn attitude.
A coat of paint inside and outside the rooms wouldn't go astray either.
Would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an absolute beachfront location BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort has magnificent ocean views from dining areas and is surrounded by acres of wide open parklands perfect for your next getaway. At the resort you can expect great accommodation, recreation and relaxation rolled into one and there are a range of facilities on offer ideal for couples and families. Choose from an outdoor rock pool with slide, children’s pool and play area, cave spas, tennis courts, mini putt putt golf, beach volleyball and Diggers Beach just a short stroll from your room. When it’s time to dine, choose from the award-winning Finz on the Beach or unwind at Casay on the Beach, both offering ocean views. Treat yourself to a Mi-Time Day Spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation to help yourself unwind. At the resort you can choose from Studio Hotel Rooms, Paradise Spa Bures with spa baths and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained villas. To make your stay comfortable every room type includes air conditioning, Austar, DVD player, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, toaster, iron and ironing board. Beach lovers can enjoy the seclusion of picturesque Diggers Beach which is literally at the resort's doorstep or sit back on the terrace with a long drink and admire postcard views of the sweeping lawns stretching down to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Hotel Breakfree Aanuka Beach