BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aanuka Beach Bures(Coffs Harbour)
  • Pool
Pacific Bay Terraces(Coffs Harbour)
View Hotel
Pacific Bay Resort(Coffs Harbour)
  • Pool
Smugglers on the Beach(Coffs Harbour)
View Hotel
Park Beach Hotel Motel(Coffs Harbour)
  • Restaurant
Coastal Bay Motel(Coffs Harbour)
View Hotel
Royal Palms Motor Inn(Coffs Harbour)
3,029 results
All reviewsspa burediggers beachglass roofbush turkeystennis courtsbeautiful locationindoor poolwater dragonsputt puttfamily holidaybedroom villarelaxing staybuffet breakfastgreat for familiesbig bananagreat facilitiesmini golf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at this dump. When I checked in they would not give me the corporate rate. The Pool is horrible. Then they took a deposit for the room even though I paid for it in full and they have still not returned the deposit after 10 days. The fellow Grant at the front desk is possibly the worst person I have had any dealings with after years of travel. Don't stay here!!!!!!! No free wiif anywhere either.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have seen are bad
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Welltravelled417
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi welltravelled417,

Firstly I would like to apologies that your stay was not up to the standard that you were expecting. I can see from your booking that you arrived late to the resort without a booking (around 2300) and Grant the member of staff was able to assist you in a room for the evening, booking at the resort we do offer corporate rates and return guest rates, However these rates are normally sorted at the time of booking. As you arrived without a booking Grant correctly gave you a walk up rate which is set daily due to demand and availability of rooms here at the resort.
As for the other issues at the resort we do unfortunately not offer free wifi this is purely due to the internet being managed by a separate company, Our resort being across such a large area requires the internet to be constantly up kept and Our provider ensures that the whole resort is covered and the internet runs at a high speed for all users. As for the pre-authorisation being held, every guest that checks into the resort is made aware that we do require a card as a guarantee and sometimes the release can take up to 14 days to release (10 working days).

Once again I apologise for any inconveniences caused during your stay I hope that one day in the future you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you again and show you the true spirit of Breakfree Aanuka Beach Resort

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon. It was like being in a different country just beautiful. Having the private beach was wonderful although we claimed over the rocks and found a nudist spot . The rest of the stay as great , not far from coffs center just far enough to be secluded

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank countrymandubbo

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the resort. We were all so pleased to welcome you to the resort as a newly married couple.

As have rightly pointed out Aanuka Beach Resort is paradise just 3KM north of Coffs Harbour.

We certainly look forward to welcoming yourselves back to the resort in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This resort is in an idyllic setting for a romantic or just a quiet break. It fronts almost directly onto a superb beach and has wonderful walks in either direction. If peace and tranquility are what you are after, this fits the bill. You should be aware that you will need transport if you want to explore the surrounding area which has many fine attractions. Breakfast in the resort is very good but the evening dining in the bar lacks a bit of imagination. Wifi unfortunately has to be paid for and is not cheap but then Australia is now an expensive destination. It is a little irritating to have to buy wifi access in 24 hour blocks and note down a new password each time - my iphone did not automatically re-connect when I came back into coverage. The chalets were very well finished and kept with a useful kitchenette (but only a microwave oven!), audio-visual set-up(satellite TV, radio, DVD player) and the jacuzzi bath was the largest I have ever seen. Shower quality was good although climbing into the bath could be a challenge for the older person and I have mixed feelings about rain showers but hot water availability seemed constant. Overall, it feels like time for an injection of a little cash and some enthusiasm from the staff.

Room Tip: Try t get a chalet near to receoption - some of them are a relatively long walk away and the pathway lighting is deliberately low after hours.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thedoc086
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to Right a review of your stay at the resort, I am glad you enjoyed your Paradise Spa Bure and the huge spa bath contained within the unit!
I am sure readers looking to stay at the resort will be pleased to read that you found Aanuka to be a quiet resort catering for couples trying to escape the madness of everyday life with a romantic trip away.
Look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Aanuka again in the future

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed here and I have once again enjoyed my stay despite the following..... My complaints about the room ( hotel room) would be the damp musty smell when entering the room, the window that won't shut as the window is locked to open which is not good in winter. My other gripe is the same as last time ....only being given enough tea and coffee in the "starter pack" to last one day and this is so they can keep costs down. Yet in other 3 & 4 star hotels they will service the room every day and top up the tea and coffee but wait I do have one more.... The beds were so hard and very well used, you can see that the mattress's have never been turned you could swear that Homer Simpson had been sleeping here and left his body dents behind.

What I do enjoy about the resort is the location to the beach, the wonderful breakfast, the sense of security, how clean the room was, friendly reception staff, undercover parking, and being so close to town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Janene S
GrahamBruceOliver, General Manager at BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback Janene, I will be sure to pass it onto the right Department Heads. With our window locks there is always a key on your room keys that allows you to unlock these windows to close them up. At reception we have stocks of tea & coffee and more then happy to issue them out if requested. I hope these issues have not hindered your experience to much. I am very happy to hear that our housekeeping standards are remaining high and our reception staff were providing the friendly service we strive for. We look forward to seeing you on your 3rd Visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful surrounding, clean large rooms, wonderful bathroom. We absolutely loved our overnight stay at Aanuka Beach resort, wish we could have stayed longer.

The resort is close to beach and in driving distance for local shops and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou TLB3939 for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday. Do not hesitate to call the property direct and we can offer you a discount for your return Visit.