“Definitely coming back!”
Review of Old Johns

Old Johns
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Not just a bustling cafe but a creative space with exhibitions on showcase, an innovative menu made from fresh local produce paired with speciality coffee. Come in and stay a while.
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We were on a site visit for work nearby and needed somewhere to conduct a phone conference call before eating brunch before hitting the road for another long drive.
The staff were soooo accommodating.

I love a strong tea and definitely needed one...mine came out in a carafe which was very groovy. The waitress kindly said that if it was too strong she would bring more hot water...my tea can never be too strong so it was perfect.

I couldn’t decide between the falafel plate and the avocado toast so I ask the advice of the waitress. She was so helpful with a succinct and knowledgeable answer and I loved every mouthful. This is no ordinary avo on toast...there is pesto and dukkah, and the bread is so delicious and nourishing. I added poached eggs and haloumi which were both perfectly cooked and wonderful additions.
My colleagues had scrambled eggs and bacon, and a pumpkin roesti special...they both inhaled theirs.

We’re back in Coffs in a couple of weeks...can’t wait to go back!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Love this place! It was highly recommended by locals and rightly so!
Nice ambience, lovely staff and super smooth and delish coffee too. Must try something else off the menu but for me it’s all about the coffee, which never disappoints!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

After an ordinary stay in a motor inn, brunch here was well worth the short detour. The coffee was excellent and the food was amazing. I had the falafel plate and it was very tasty. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We always try to stop in when going north. Great coffee and food with a difference. Had the ham, vintage cheddar and pickles toasted sandwich-YUM! Worth deviating from the highway to drop in to Old John's. Do yourself a favour...

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Well I went in blind on this one didn’t even see it in the list of Cafes when I was looking and I couldn’t find the one I was trying to visit but wow glad I walked in!!

Great coffee and a huge kudos to the coffee maker she looked at me and apologized for my wait but said she wasn’t happy with my coffees so she was making them again I have never in all my time drinking coffee had anyone do that!! Goes to show you she loves her coffee and didn’t want to give me a sub par coffee good work

I didn’t try the food but what I saw being served looked really good

So far the best coffee I have had while in Coffs

Date of visit: April 2018