“Great!!”

Mr Deng's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 214 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NSW, Australia
“Great!!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Read reviews on line about this restaurant and decided to try it out. Lived up to good reviews. Great food and good service.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank morriemoo

Coffs Harbour
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST FOOD!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went here with my mum who had heard about Mr Deng's and HAVEN'T stopped going back! Went three times in one week it's seriously THAT good!!!

1 Thank Linton32
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“A disappointment”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I ordered takeaway last week and whilst it was delivered quickly and both the lady who took my order and the gentleman who delivered it were pleasant, I found the quality of the dishes to be haphazard.
Of the five dishes ordered, only the honey chicken and sweet and sour pork lived up to expectations. The beef with black bean was tasty but so stringy that my youngest described it as being like "eating bubble gum". The Lemon chicken even when drowned in lemon sauce was tasteless... and the duck... oh dear.
I ordered duck. I paid for duck. What I received was many things... but it was not duck.
All in all; I fail to understand why this has received so many positive reviews.

1 Thank Jay P
“Disappointing meal”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

A group went for a family birthday. The staff were very friendly and the shop was clean (lights too bright though for relaxed dining) but the food was disappointing. I had tofu & vegetables - big plate but not enough green veges and very hot in terms of chili but no flavor. I have a very dry mouth this morning from the salt or MSG. Price & size of meal good.

Visited October 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
“Not sure what people are raving about??”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

May be there is so little competition in Coffs Harbour that this is a good option, I am really puzzled about the reviews. We went there for an early dinner. The waitress was lovely but managed to get our order wrong even though we were the ONLY guests in the whole place. I didn't think the prices were all that cheap with dishes in the $15-18 range plus $4.50 for a large serving of steamed rice. We also paid $8.50 for a tiny plate of tasteless noodles with hardly any veggies for my 4 year old. He ended up eating our food, as the portion was so small. I had the cashew chicken which was bland and the sauce was slimy. The garlic chicken was even worse. Very very average food and not cheap. Not my idea of decent Chinese food. May be it's Coffs where there are not many food option. Would this place be anywhere else, it would be nothing special.