After drving 535km we arrived at Matador Motel on the Pacific Highway which was so easy to find and I was all psyched as we hadn't stayed in a motel since the early 90's in New Orleans, it was as you'd expect clean and a bit 70's-ish and with lovely staff . Nearly made the mistake of booking the motel by the 'Big Banana' but trip advisor mentioned the word cockroaches. Tip: City centre closes at 6pm so we headed out for some libations down Harbour Drive (where there is no harbour in sight!) but there was restaurants and bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Matador Motor Inn has been operating continuously for more than 40 years and been a home away from home in Coffs Harbour for thousands of guests. In fact the Matador is one of the most popular stop-overs for travellers on the Pacific Highway travelling between Sydney and Brisbane. We have completed numerous refurbishments so now more than ever the Matador is a fabulous choice if you are looking for boutique style motel accommodation. You can enjoy a stay in clean and comfortable rooms. We offer a choice of room configurations: from premium queen and king rooms to twin and family room options. All rooms offer comfortable beds, quality interiors and amenities, LED TVs, Foxtel, ipod docking stations, Lanovera personal products, a tea and coffee larder with quality supplies, toaster, kettle, iron and ironing board and private dining space. All rooms face due north and upper level offers district views. Select family rooms offer a private balcony. We offer an outdoor pool and guest lounge to relax and enjoy as well as a quality, in-room breakfast package. Select pet-friendly rooms are also available, but regretfully we only accept small dogs 10kg and under. Not only is the Matador a regular choice for holidaymakers, it is also very popular with business travellers. We offer free WIFI, a desk area for your laptap or tablet and lounge access. Regular corporate clients are also eligible for special corporate rates so please make inquiries with our friendly team. The Matador provides off street and undercover parking but we must limit parking to one car per room.We wish you safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matador Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matador Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Matador Motel Coffs Harbour