“Nice Resort just dont waste your money on the Day Spa!”
Review of Aanuka Beach Bures

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coffs Harbour
Aanuka Beach Bures
Ranked #29 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 25 November 2009

We stayed at Aanuka for the week of the Melbourne Cup 2009. As we had been travelling down from the Gold Coast, my girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to try out the day spa at the resort. We both decided to go. As we had been to day spas on previous occasions we had to take a step back in time on this one!
My girlfriend had chosen a "Togetherness" package, only to be directed to seperate rooms on arrival. Nothing "Together" about that! During my paid time my masseuse interupted my massage several times to answer the phone, returning saying that "we dont normally do this but there were VIP's in the resort." How did she know that we were'nt VIP's.
In between services where guests should be relaxing, all you heard was the clanging and bashing of pots as they cleaned them. The exfoliation, well my girlfriend could've done better with one of those gloves in the shower.
If you are looking for a day spa save your money, if you are heading north to the Gold Coast, or wait till you get back home. Very UNPROFESSIONAL.
This was the only disappointing part of our stay. Aanuka is a great place to stay and we had some enjoyable dinners at the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gunns75

Reviewed 15 September 2009

I recently had a wedding to attend at the Breakfree Aanuka Bay Resort. All the accommodation was solidly booked at the resort ... and expensive, with minimum stay requirements.

I was surprised that they negated to tell me that the Aanuka Beach Bures are on location. I called up Aanuka Beach Bures, the manager was courteous, professional and reliable. He explained exactly where the Bures are located, didn't have a minimum stay requirement, offered an early check-in and a late check-out.

When we arrived, the place was all ready to go - clean, neat, great views, and couldn't have been closer to the wedding festivities. Chas(?) was aware of our estimated arrival time and departure, so our mini holiday was a seamless operation!

Great hot tub, good kitchen & laundry facilities, good toiletries, linen, entertainment equipment etc. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chopmike
Reviewed 20 November 2007

Without a doubt, this is one of the strangest accommodation venues I have ever stayed in. There are absolutely no signs anywhere indicating where this place is or how to get there. On contacting the number on my booking reservation, I was told to drive to a locked carpark and wait for someone to let me in. As this property backs on and shares many parts of the aanuka beach resort many of my thoughts apply to that property too.

Good points.

I stayed in one of their spa bures for 3 nights. It was large, with sufficient space for 2 people and possibly a little one on the sofa bed. The bathroom was huge and very clean (the shower head was also used in the circus to clean elephants). Being surrounded by bush there were a couple of cockroaches in the room, but they didn’t worry me. I didn’t use the spa, and it was a pleasant stroll to the car park and the beach. There is plenty of green surrounding your room which adds privacy and the noise of the wildlife (crickets/cicadas) drowns out any noise from your neighbours. Lots of wildlife to keep the kids entertained.

Not so good points.

Pretty much you were left to your own devices. The rooms aren’t serviced and more interestingly there is no deposit taken. Apart from someone giving you your key, I didn’t see a soul the entire time. Not even at checkout at 9am. There is no in room information telling you about the pools, beach, restaurant, local area – something I feel is a major issue. The gym is tiny and you can’t bill the restaurant/bar to your room. I would stay well away from the place during school holidays (or pick a bigger room if I was going there with kids). Also the beach is not patrolled 8 months of the year (not their fault but if its a concern pick accom closer to a patrolled beach). The aircon in the room is furthest from your bed. I have no idea why they built the room like that. Fortunately, it was cool enough not to need it, but should it be really hot, then I think you would sweat at night. Finally the property is divided by a creek which does breed mozzies. I am not concerned but I recommend getting some repellent.

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank brett-au