“i'd rather stay in king cross station!!!”

Holiday Lodge Hotel
Ranked #168 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“i'd rather stay in king cross station!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!! EVER...
FIRSTLY, about the room, We knew we had paid for a pretty basic accomodation, however this room was the size of someone's bathroom. i equate it to a jail cell in Thailand. The appliances provided were a tv from 1968, didnt work, microwave was the very first phillips from1953. there was a desk and small bar fridge, a rancid heater, and bunk beds, with minimal linen on them, uncomfortable pillows, bathroom was rotten, toilet seat was ancient, just DREADFUL

SECONDLY, we paid for three nights in a single room and we checked out 7 hrs later due to the woman's behaviour and abuse. She accused us of having more than one guest in the room and told guests to leave immediately if they wern't staying there, i felt like i was in jail and couldn't have visitors. She started swearing at us, saying we were sneaking people in to the room behind her back, but what sort of hotel doesn't let you bring visitors to the room?????. This was in the middle of the day!!!! she was like a warden from hell
Bottom line is do not stay there unless u wish to be taken full advantage of and scammed and ripped off, My cheap accomodation turned out to have cost me well over what it should have due to misrepresentation on the website of EXTRA GUESTS and cancellation fees.

Room Tip: read bedding configuration and price per person before entering or they ll start charging exta mone...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Looked like an old run down brothel.
Place was disgusting and infested with disease.
We ended up leaving because it was so terrible I would rather sleep in my car.
I would never ever ever ever in 100 million years recommend anyone to stay here.
Not safe at all - definitely not safe for children.

Room Tip: simple, don't choose a room here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Lani B

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I could right a novel on how bad this place was but I will shorten it. First, our room had never been cleaned for 20 years. The amount of filth on the floor was soo built up that we had to wear shower shoes and turn off the lights so we could not see how nasty it really was. Second, the window was covered in mould as well as the walls, the showers, the floor, the microwave and the tables. These people who run this place are disgusting. Third, the window was broken, the door had fist holes in it, the microwave and all kitchen utensils were unusable becuase no amount of soap could clean them. I felt dirty just being in the hotel. Fourth, the staff was none exsistent, and were completely rude. I have slept outside and felt cleaner then I felt in this place. On the way out we saw the exterminator come to deal with the bug problem. No air conditioning and even if there was I would not use because you might contract TB. I would not let my dog sleep here. Furthermore, I have never written a negative review about any hotel, but this place needs to be condemmend. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: "This place is disgusting do not stay here"
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mike B
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We liked the location could walk to Harbour Bridge and botanical gardens.

Service non-existant. Bed comfortable. Two thin towels for three days - never changed. Noisy even after we changed to a back room. Garbage never collected or room cleaned.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kornelis356
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This place was terrible, I have stayed in Sydney many times and enjoyed the place. This place, however put a dampner on the trip.
Staff were almost non-existent, the woman who eventually opened the door to us, immediately wanted us to try somewhere else as there had been a leak in one of the rooms (There was no signs of a leak).We wasn't happy with this and a room was found.Straight away! There seemed to be no one else in the 'hotel' whilst we were staying.
Ensuite was the worst I've ever seen and I do Bathroom renovation for a living.
Room decor was skanky at best.
This place needs to be shut down, fumigated and have some owners that give a s***t installed. It is in a great location, very close to underground, eateries, bars e.t.c. Still not worth staying in it's current condition.

Room Tip: Go through the door you came in, up the road and into another hotel/bed and breakfast/house.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Beni81
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This hotel should not be called a hotel. It is utter filth and I would not wish this mess upon anyone, not even my worst enemy. The rooms smell like mould and the bathroom is even worse. I have felt distressed the whole time staying here. Upon arrival we found dead cockroaches on the floor with more popping up throughout our stay. The only good thing about this place is you want to leave the room all day. No air con/ dirty microwave and toaster. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2011
7 Thank Traveller1010101
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Paying for the location, it is old and dated. But clean and friendly. Ideal location, close to everything. And late checkout at no charge much appreciated.

Room Tip: expect basic.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends