“A day of wine tasting in The Hunter” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Australian Wildlife 4WD Tour from Sydney
Ranked #13 of 89 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for something personalised, flexible and unique, then welcome to Boutique Tours Australia! Our multi award-winning, small-group tours are designed to get you away from the tourist traps, and immerse you in authentic experiences - showing you the very best of Australia, on Sydney's doorstep. From our wine tours visiting the boutique wineries of the Hunter Valley, to our exceptional wildlife tours which take you into the bush to see Australia's "Big 5" in the wild. In the Blue Mountains we stay away from the crowds to show you the beauty and solitude of this World Heritage-listed wilderness area. Luxury vehicles and enthusiastic, informative guides create a tailored, real experience. Boutique Wine Tours - our focus on the smaller, boutique wineries of the Hunter Valley ensures a personalised, relaxed feel as we meet the winemakers and winery owners themselves. We vary our itinerary daily, depending on the preferences of our small group of travellers, while flexible lunch options allow you to join us for a fabulous two course gourmet meal, a quick, tasty cafe lunch, or to do your own thing. Winner, Best Tour Hunter Valley four times! Boutique Wildlife Tours - travel to the stunning bushland of the Southern Highlands, just 90 minutes from Sydney, to see Australia's iconic wildlife in the wild - kangaroos, koalas, platypus, emus, wombats and a whole lot more. This afternoon / evening tour includes lunch or afternoon tea (seasonal variations), plus dinner in one of Australia's oldest pubs, before night-spotting in the Australian Bush. Boutique Mountain Tours - get away from the crowds and see the world famous Blue Mountains as they should be seen - from remote lookouts and peaceful bush walks. A focus on Aboriginal culture provides insight into this fascinating ancient culture, with lunch in the quaint mountains town of Leura, and return by stunning Harbour cruise. Small groups only, limited seats so please book early to avoid disappointment! Winner of numerous Tourism Awards, including Best Tour Operator in NSW. Please - come join us!
Charlottesville, Virginia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A day of wine tasting in The Hunter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

spent a full day with Rohan visiting four wineries and a nice lunch stop; very informed and professional guide who added immensely to the experience. High recommend this. Only 8 people on our tour which was a nice size group.

Visited April 2014
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Rohan will be so glad that you enjoyed the tour, as is the whole team at Boutique Tours. Delighted that you had a great day out, and thanks so much for taking the time to let others know.

Yours,

• Korean first
Glendale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Traveling from California, we are used to good wines and wine tours. In fact, we were absolutely spoiled in South Australia when my wife and I took two full day wine tours with Adelaid's Top Food & Wine Tours. I guess they set the bar too high.

Our first concern with Boutique Tours when they picked us up at our Sydney hotel was the large size of the bus and large number of people. Then, we were told that we were only going to visit wineries that one could only experience in the Hunter Valley. None of the wines were available for purchase elsewhere, and especially not in California. That told us that either these were going to be great wines or that the driver was on a kickback.

Well, the wineries we visited were beautiful, but the wines were disgusting. I have never poured out more wines during wine tastings than at these three wineries. And regarding the kickbacks, we saw our driver being handed free "gift bags" from the merchants where he took us to shop.

Really, really disappointing day.

I would absolutely NOT recommend this company. I don't know who to recommend, but if you get to South Australia. . . Top Food & Wine Tours is something to try!

Good luck to the rest of you. Hope you have better experiences, or just appreciate crappy wineries.

Visited March 2014
PLEASE READ MY RESPONSE, AS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US...

You may notice that I reply to all our reviews. What a sad review to have to reply to, but please do read my response as this is very important to us, and I'd appreciate your time in reading it.

Firstly Barry B, I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy the wine on your tour. As you'll see from my previous responses, it means a lot to us to send people home happy, so sorry this didn't happen to you. There's many that would disagree with you about Hunter wine, but not worth me countering a personal opinion. Just sorry that your lack of pleasure with the wine is your focus on bad-mouthing our business.

To clarify an important point, I'd like to explain to other TA readers, that the largest vehicle or group size we have is 14. So I'd question whether this can be called a 'large group'.

HERE'S WHAT IS IMPORTANT THOUGH: I very, very much take offence to the claim that we are corrupt and take kickbacks. I consider this extremely libellous, and am horrified that Trip Advisor took no notice of my request to take down a libellous, completely unsubstantiated accusation like this.

I can assure you there is not one scrap of corruption or kickback in our organisation.

I'm going to disclose that the guide in question in this review was our beloved guide Keith (we have our own feedback forms, so we identified Barry through our own systems). I'm disclosing it as Keith as I 100% back him up as the truly honest and warm-hearted man that I know he is - and you'll actually see many TA reviews below that heartily agree with me here.

Here's the truth of Keith's "kickbacks". Keith's lovely wife (I would love to name her, but let's not get too personal for their sakes) volunteers at the local markets to raise money for two very worthwhile charities in Australia - The Sunshine Foundation, and Royal Far West (who help Australian country kids from remote areas get access to health care).

Now here's a big sing-out to the also very good folk at the Hunter Valley Chocolate Company in the Hunter Valley, who every now and then generously give some of their out-of-date chocolates that they can no longer sell to Keith, so that he can give them to his good wife, who gives them to the kids from Royal Far West. No money passes hands, but sick kids get a bit more sunshine.

Barry, you actually travelled with good people, trying to do good things all around. We are a small family-owned company who work our hardest to put on great tours, to make people happy, and to employ good people. We're sorry that you didn't like the wines, and that you found 14 people too many people to travel with. Many, many people have and do disagree with you on both points.

We're proud of our business and our people, and stand by them 100%.

You should realise though that your thoughtless and misguided review WILL affect our business (and wish I could explain it will affect my beautiful young family), as Trip Advisor reviews make a big difference to us. But I'm happy that, to all of us at least, some things in life are much more important.

Yours, always with integrity,

Annalise - Owner of Boutique Tours Australia

PS Extremely unhappy that Trip Advisor makes no effort to substantiate a claim of corruption, before allowing a libellous accusation on their site.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hunter Valley Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We went on the Hunter Valley tour with Keith as our guide on Friday. It was a fun and interesting day, definitely worth it!! Keith was an amazing guide, he went the extra mile and then some to ensure we had a great time, he was funny and extremely informative, we felt like one big family and he made it all worth it :) a pleasure!!

Visited April 2014
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
I love that Keith gets such great feedback from people! He's such a genuinely nice guy, loves life, and loves sharing the passion. So great this came through on your tour, and thanks so much for letting us all know. Keith will be humbled.

Cheers, Annalise - Owner, Boutique Tours Australia
Sydney, Australia
“Birthday surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went on the great boutique tour of Hunter Valley on a Sunday with a few friends as a surprise for my brother's birthday. Despite the weather, the day was awesome. Keith was our guide and he was great! You get to try just the right amount of wine (although who's going to say no to more wine!) and there are multiple surprises along the way also. I would definitely suggest getting the gourmet lunch meal with the tour. It's an extra $55 per person but the food is great, the staff at the selected restaurant are all lovely and gives you a chance to bond a bit more with you fellow wine tour companions. All in all, a great day out. Will definitely reccommend to others! Thanks Boutique tours!

Visited April 2014
What a great birthday treat for your brother, and so glad you enjoyed the tour so much. Thanks also for reviewing the gourmet lunch. It's a great meal, and they work hard to keep it seasonal and matched to some great wines, so I'll make sure I pass along your comments.

Happy birthday to your bro!

HERMITAGE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommend this company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

WE had so much fun. Cliff was our guide and he did an amazing job! Loved the places where we had lunch and dinner. Don't miss this tour.

Visited April 2014
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Lisia T, thank you so much for this. I have to tell you, you've made my day!

Running a 7 day a week tour business can definitely have its challenges, and today has had its fair share, so thank you for your words. I can assure you, that hearing you've loved the tour is a great reward for our whole team, so thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Happy travels,