Oaks on Castlereagh
US$215
US$173
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
US$171
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$145
  • Room Service
US$182
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationthai towngreat locationone bedroom apartmentcapitol theatreclose to china towndarling harbourkitchen facilitieswashing machinegreat apartmentworld squaregood sizelight sleeperclose proximityfull kitchenbed was comfortableshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We rented an apartment on the 18th floor. The overall space available, quality and condition of fittings & soft furnishings, and cleanliness, were all 'above standard'. However, the windows were only single glazed, and the consequent noise of train horns arising from the adjacent Central station, and from road traffic horns in the streets below, was all pervading; having donned ear plugs for the first time during 5 weeks of touring Australia, sleep quality due externally generated noise, remained poor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side would be quieter in relation to the railway station. In short, unless you're a seriously deep sleeper, you should avoid this city hotel because it doesn't enjoy the prerequisite of double glazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at Oaks On Castlereagh. Although it is dissapointing to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay due to the noise from the train, I am happy to see that the quality and cleanliness were above standard. I would reccomend that you request a room on the other side of the hotel to avoid the issue you had with the noise should you wish to stay with again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback to us.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had a two bedroom apartment on the 23rd floor for five nights for 4 adults. We loved the spacious rooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and laundry. The pool and spa were great. When we arrived we had two king rooms but wanted one with two single beds, I called reception and even though housekeeping had left for the day, the receptionist came up and made the beds up. She was very helpful and friendly. We arrived at 12 noon and was allowed into our room immediately. The only problem we had was the middle lift was never working and we had to wait a few minutes longer for the lift. We had tickets to see Lion King and only had to walk one block, it was close to everything. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your reveiw regaring your recent stay at Oaks on Castlereagh. I am pleased to hear that you like your room and that you enjoyed your stay and we are happy that we could assist you through out the time you were here. We look forward to accomodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

special treat for family, "lets stay in a four star apartment" ??? well I can tell you this is NOT a four star and how it got this grading I would like to know. two nights cost $600+. I reported all my complaints to the receptionist and also invited her to come and look at my complaint but she declined saying they can not do that. She gave me a broucher with the email to send my complaint and straight a way I said the photo on it was a LIE. I agree with what ever other reviews that has been posted and it is about time this company was answerable to all these complaints, I myself would like compensation for the upset it caused for the beginning of my holiday to Tasmania. I was answered by email about my complaint and was offered when I come again would be given the best care... Well I told them there would be No chance of my family and I returning, and will consider if I will ever use OAKS company again. Please take tripadvisors advice and DO NOT STAY here. Yes it is a Sxxt hole

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank suitcase09
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your experience. Again I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. As discussed with you previously we would like to welcome you back to our property in an attempt to salvage the impression this has left on you. Please feel free to contact me directly on 02 8217 6200 to have this arranged.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Large Room with a bed and coffee table and chairs no other furniture , looks tired and grubby, air conditioner was noisier than the trains, most complicated front desk arrival ever experienced and parking the car was a real treat
This place is a real Sxxt hole

Room Tip: book a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is dissapointing to read such comments. Firstly i would like to apologise for the check in process you have described as being confusing, I have spoken to the front desk staff that were on shift at the time of your check in to identify the areas in which could improve to avoid confusion for anyone. I hope that this has not tarnished your veiw of the Oaks and I do hope that you would consider coming back to stay with us so I can ensure that you are allocated a newly refurbished room. If you are ever staying in house with us and there are any issues as mentioned in your comments please do not hesitate to call the front desk as we are 24 hours and our freindly staff will be happy to assist you to resolve any issues there may be.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Situated right beside the Central Railway Station, the biggest and busiest railway station in Australia, is close to amenities and what the city has to offer, but it comes with excessive noise. Sadly, the rooms do not have double glazed windows or any other noise suppression. And trains in Australia for some reason blast their air horns upon entering or leaving or passing through the railway station - and man, they are loud! It's like a shipping lane! Blast after blast permeates your room, every minute. Each short but intense and big blast vibrates through your skull and shocks you into a levitating state from the otherwise quiet comfortable room. It's impossible to get a restful nights sleep. If it wasn't for the trains, it would be a reasonable place to stay, but it has trains and lots of them, so I won't be staying here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Barney_AU
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us at Oaks on Castlereagh. It is dissappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise of the train. Please feel free next time when booking to call us directly to request a quieter room and we will be more than happy to try and accomodate your request.