Oaks on Castlereagh
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$241
Travelodge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)
US$119
US$96
  • Free Internet
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$201
US$295
US$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationthai towngreat locationone bedroom apartmentcapitol theatreclose to china towndarling harbourkitchen facilitieswashing machinegreat apartmentworld squaregood sizelight sleeperclose proximityfull kitchenbed was comfortableshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Styled here for just one night. The room was clean and comfortable. Better than I expected when I arrived. There was a stale smoke smell that was off putting, but probably the only thing that bothered me. The bed was very comfortable. I'd stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for posting your reveiw in relation to your recent stay at Oaks on Castlereagh. The positive points you have made in regards to your room and the cleanliness is greatly appreciated. We look forward to accomodating you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The room was clean, well appointed, great location, but single glazing made it noisy night and day. There was also no in room safe, and no information about the room ( how to set aircon, how to use TV or even what channels were available, no TV guide etc). staff were however friendly, bed was comfy.

Room Tip: I asked for a room up high...they didn't meet my request...not sure what you have to do to get moved up high here?!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

I would like to thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at Oaks On Castlereagh. It is great to hear positive feedback regarding the cleanliness, the friendly staff and the comfort of our rooms. The CBD central location of the property can sometimes be a little bit noisy however feel free to request a room on the back side of the hotel in future to avoid the sounds of the train horns.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was a chance booking which turned out to be great. Very close to Central, 29th floor penthouse apartment with a great view and a lot of space. Comfortable beds, nicely equipped kitchen. A bit disappointed that the tea and coffee were cheap and nasty instant variety, but otherwise very comfortable. The roof-top balcony was a real bonus and had fantastic views across to the SFS and SCG. Staff were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help. Car park was a nightmare to navigate and the space was very tight and hard to get into. A big car would have had no chance of parking. Also, trying to get out was like navigating a maze! Took ages to leave as the signage is awful. Overall, a great location and definitely somewhere I will stay again.

Room Tip: 3 bed apartments are on the top floor with a second, roof-top balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JanetOT
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at Oaks On Castlereagh. I am happy to hear that you loved the apartment you were staying in on the 29th floor. They are very spacious and the top floor veiws are amazing. I do appreciate your feedback provided on the tea and coffee in the rooms as this sort of feedback is also important. I have passed on your comments to all staff as well, it is great that we were able to provide you with this great customer service. We look forward to accomodating you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here for 9 nights in Feb. Fabulous 1 bedroom unit with all amenities.
Staff on front desk were curteous, friendly, helpful & efficient.
Check in was hassle free & it was terrific that our room was available when we arrived.
Staff were also well informed on the best way for us to get where we needed to go every time we asked.
We loved that we could open the windows in the apartment. The breeze was awesome.
We had a lovely balcony too.
Would definately stay here again. Jamie & the 2 female receptionists are a great asset.
Jem

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at Oaks On Castlereagh. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here and great to read such positive comments regarding our staff. I will make sure I pass on your feedback to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had family staying at the hotel for a very special birthday. I emailed the hotel 2 days prior to see if they could kindly supply a bottle of champagne, balloons and a card. They explained that they are not a full concierge hotel but would be happy to go buy it all for me and place it in the room. True to form, after several emails back and forth.....it was done and I had an email confirmation from them that it had been placed in the room. The Oaks staff was out standing and could n't have been more helpful and obliging. It made a birthday very special. It is rare to have people go above and beyond like that and I can't thank them enough ! Amazing service and human effort !!!! Thank you Oaks on Castlereagh !!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb B
Hotel M, Manager at Oaks on Castlereagh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw regarding your experience with Oaks on Castlereagh. I am happy that we could be of such assistance to you for the special occassion you have mentioned here in your reveiw. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.