“Perfect!”

Ranked #13 of 478 Quick Bites in Sydney
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Harry’s Café de Wheels has proudly served customers for over 80 years, with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Sir Elton John and Prince Harry having been some of the many to sink their teeth into our iconic ‘Tiger’ Pie
Reviewed 25 October 2018

A quick lunch of hot dog and fries was greatly enjoyed. Very quick service too. Would highly recommend anyone to try, particularly the pies with mash - customer in front of me had one and it looked (and smelled) amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Good choice. Authentic Aussie street food. Outside seating, loads of celeb photos on walls. Nice setting by docks.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I never really like to try street food before, just only one reason cause i will never know what i m eating. I found out from friends about this tradition to eat pies in the street after a club and I said to try it :). This place offers more then pies. I’ve try the hotdog and a beef pie, bought delicious for street food and the experience also cause you can eat next to the place with all the birds. Must try!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank la_femme_gourmade
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Stayed at the Ovolo and quickly spotted Harry's Cafe de Wheels. We were in a hurry so bought a feta cheese and spinach filo roll each. It was absolutely delicious and reasonably priced and very fresh. Always thought they only sold pies. Went back for seconds and will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We walked up having never heard of the place so no expectations. Spent a while looking at the photos which were great memorabilia.
Lots of reviews saying the pies are not very good.
I grew up with Holland's pies in the UK so do t really try any other as they can't be best.
We decided on the roast beef sandwich, really thick beef topped with tasty gravy
. Really enjoyed our sandwich and I'd say try it and decide for yourself.
I'm going back and will get peas next time.

Date of visit: October 2018