“Great Staff, Nice View”

Ranked #71 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Burbank, California
“Great Staff, Nice View”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been staying here for about 2 months and I have another 2 on the horizon. The staff is fantastic. The team here cares about your comfort as well as your leisure time. They are always helping with ideas for things to do around the city and beyond.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I cook a little in the room but typically dine out. Plenty of storage for all my belongings and clothes; because it's a long stay, that's pretty important. The couches leave a little to be desired but I usually watch television/movies from my bed.

The location is near plenty of good dining options and the train station is even closer. I typically jump on a train to Martin Place or Town Hall and go see a movie or get a nice dinner down by The Rocks.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor apartments under the rooftop patio can be a little noisy if people are walking careles...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is the second time in 6 months that I've stayed at this place. They made me feel very welcome and made sure to mention "welcome back again". The attention to detail I received from the staff was great, I can not remember the last time customer service made me feel like this.
The room was ample for myself, nice and neat also.
I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Sydney.
Excellent location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
QuestPottsPoint, Manager at Quest Potts Point, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Wally,

We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your kind feedback in regards to service and comfort you experienced of your return stay with us. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to look after you again and share our hospitality. We hope to welcome you back in a very near future and till then wish you a wonderful rest of the week.
Greetings from all of us at Quest Potts Point.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Recently refurbished Rooms well appointed,kitchenette had all equipment one might need. I had small studio queen room - smallest in property,perfectly adequate for solo traveller. Reception staff were helpful and proactive, Location good for public transport Kings Cross station is a two minute walk to Victoria St. where cabs are also plentiful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor access to terrace with city views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Judith B
Dear Judith,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our functional and recently refurbished Petite Suites. Please let us know when you plan to travel to Sydney again, we would like the opportunity to welcome you back and try one of our Studio Apartments, which will provide you with even more space to unwind in. I am personally glad to hear that you found our team service orientated and proactive as I know how much pride they take in always trying to put a personal/ boutique touch on their service.
We wish you a wonderful rest of the week and hope to welcome you back soon again.

Warmest regards from all of us at Quest Potts Point.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The service here is fantastic, helpful and very friendly. The rooms are nice and spacious and I heard they are currently renovating so I imagine they'll be even better! Take a walk to Victoria street for some great dining options. There is a great organic supermarket over the road that's worth a look too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark R
Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are excited to share with you that the whole property has now been Refurbished and we continue to receive wonderful feedback from our guests who enjoy the freshly painted, carpeted Studios, as well as the upgraded kitchenettes. I have also shared with the team your feedback in regards to the service and hospitality. THANK YOU from all of us and we hope to welcome you back soon again and share all the improvements and more of our hospitality.
With warm greetings from sunny Sydney and all of us at Quest Potts Point.
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located behind the bustling kings cross area which is a red light district. Didn't feel comfortable walking around at night past the strip clubs. The underground station is about 2-3 minutes walk away. Walk further away from kings cross towards potts point area where you can find some good brunch places.

We stayed in a studio room which is of a decent size but the bathroom is quite cramped with the smallest wash basin we have ever seen. However, the tv channels selection was good. Room also had an unpleasant smell but we did not request the housekeeper to spray the room as we were only staying for one night.

As the hotel is facing a back road, flagging down a taxi was not easy. But the receptionist was able to help us call for a taxi.

Overall disappointed with our stay especially with the relatively high room rate. Would have expected a better hotel in a better location. Glad that we have only booked 1 night here and moved to another hotel in the CBD area the next day.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Pinkpepper123
QuestPottsPoint, Manager at Quest Potts Point, responded to this review, 19 December 2014
Dear Pinkpepper123,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay.

The staff at Quest Potts Point Welcome all feedback, good or not so good so we can still learn what our guests are thinking and how we can better serve you.

If I may take one positive from your review is that our rooms are spacious, they have also recently been refurbished due to reviews such as yours and this we thank you for.

If ever you wish to give us another go, please feel free to contact the Hotel direct, we would only be too pleased to welcome you back to Quest Potts Point.

Thank you again.
Dublin
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel is well located on a fairly quiet street and just 5 minutes walk from King Cross station (just three stops to city centre). Area around station unimpressive. Great variety of restaurants on Victoria st. Good supermarket located opposite hotel. I stayed there for five nights in March 2014 in the petite suite on ground floor (double room with kettle, toaster, micro-wave, iron, safe ..) This was the smallest 4* hotel bedroom I have ever stayed in and has a small table and just one chair. Bed very comfortable and slept very well. Ideal for a short stay of one or two nights. Upgrade to rooms on third floor if staying for longer. Free WiFi.

Room Tip: Upgrade if staying for more than two nights
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at Quest Potts Point after a holiday staying with friends. The hotel room (a studio) apartment was much smaller than it looked online and definitely seemed a wee bit of a rip off. The bathroom was incredibly small and its very awkward placement right next to the bed behind a thin glass wall meant that this hotel should only be booked by people who are very comfortable with each other!

The shower head leaked all night which meant we woke up to a very wet bathroom as there is almost nothing stopping the water escaping the shower. This meant we spent a large amount of our time mopping up the floor. Along with the leaking shower we also had a very noisy air-conditioning unit which leaked all over the carpet. I phoned reception regarding this and the fact that the main light in the room had blown and they did not seem bothered at all. It is very obvious that there are some cleaning staff who are much better than others as one of the days our room did not look as though it had been touched at all besides the made bed then the next day it was much better however the over all cleanliness was sub par especially around the toilet.

On checking out I was told that I had not paid and needed to pay. I said to the woman that we had pre paid through Expedia, she replied that Expedia did not work like that and that we would need to pay. This was the last thing that I wanted to hear on the last day of my holiday after having paid $600+ for four nights in a hotel that was in my opinion was not up to scratch. After some persistence on my part I managed to get the receptionist to actually check for my payment (something she did not seem happy to do) and I had paid.

This hotel would be fine for one night if you were in a bind. It is close to the train if you are happy to walk through one of the seediest areas in Sydney.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple