Had an impromptu night stay in the city and all I can say is that you get what you pay for. This hotel was so bad that I actually stayed in my car overnight and left 20 mins after checking in.
Issues witnessed are as follows:
- Room given by receptionist was different from the one I had booked ( later corrected ) she put us in a Single bed room instead of a double.
- Shared bathroom for the floor was filthy.
- I was questioned by the staff as to why I wanted a copy of the receipt ( and only after a few attempts actually received one )
- Room was dirty and small, facility's are located inside your wardrobe.
- The entire hotel had a distinct odour that was not pleasant
All in all, a hostel would be a better option in this price range. Please save your money and don't be fooled into what they are offering. This was quite possibly one of the worst nights I've had after spending a few months overseas and coming back to that s.hole of a hotel.
What a joke and a waste of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for hotel accommodation in the centre of Sydney which won't break the bank and leaves your conscience clear as well, then look no further than Song Hotel Sydney. Offering affordable 3.5* Rooms, Song Hotel Sydney is situated right in the heart of Sydney's action. Joining Oxford Street and Hyde Park, the hotel is walking distance from Sydney's major attractions including The Rocks, Opera House, Chinatown and Darling Harbour. Surrounded by shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, galleries and gardens, you'll never be short of something to do during your stay. Whether travelling alone, with a friend or family, we have a variety of rooms to choose from, all packed with essential comforts including FREE wifi, toiletries, tea & coffee, TV, iron and hairdryer. The cafe area with its welcoming atmosphere is open daily for breakfast, to meet up with friends or just to relax. With 24 hour reception and in-room safes, you are assured a stress free stay in one of the most exciting cities in the world. Check in time is after 2pm, Check out is before 11am. Day Luggage storage is available (limited space) outside of these hours for hotel guests (No Long Term Luggage facilities). Song Hotel Sydney supports the YWCANSW. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Song Hotel Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.