“Moldly ceilings, broken showers, moldy bathrooms.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Song Hotel Sydney

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Song Hotel Sydney
Ranked #101 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
New York City, New York
“Moldly ceilings, broken showers, moldy bathrooms.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

For the price I paid, I guess this is what you get. The front desk people clearly just don't care about you much, friendly, but probably only cause they're paid to be there. Cause if you ask them a question it will go unanswered.

The hotel itself is located in an awesome area. But the rooms and bathrooms are filthy. There's mold on the corner of the ceilings in the 4-bedroom share that I got. FYI, I just finished up my Scubadiving lessons for the day so all I wanted was a shower. I went to the bathroom and I felt that I was better off not bathing. There's mold all over the crevices and shower curtains (if they even provide one) worse of all the shower heads were completely hanging off the hinges. Water was spewing from the pipes and it soaked all my items cause it sprayed everywhere. Honestly the only having grace for this place is the room. I got lucky to not have to share with anyone else in this 4-bedroom quad.

I unfortunately have to stay here for another 4 nights but in a private room. Unfortunately it's a shared bath again. I'll pray that it gets better. If not, I guess I'll checkout early and hopefully friends will take me in or I find a good deal else where.

In all honesty, it's not worth coming here cause breathing in mold is probably the worse thing you can do to yourself. It's not healthy, trust me I work in the health field.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L0ving_Travel
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear L0ving_Travel
I'd like first of all to thank you for your feedback, which - good or bad - we take very seriously. Each review is discussed with the hotel teams and where required performance improvement plans are set.
Whilst the offsite car parking is not operated by us, I am sorry that as far as hotel issues are concerned we did not meet the standards that I expect us to reach.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best regards,
Stephen Peace
Senior Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Travelled as a couple, hotel is very centrally located jst get a map n the sydney is all waiting out for you! Opera house..ferry to taronga zoo..westfield all within walking dist of 20-30 mins. Cold brkfst included in room rate although hot one availb for 25$ extra . Mcd n 7-11 around ensures your food stocks .shared bathrooms not much of an issue as i found them mostly free n clean to use. Common kitchen on 3rd floor opens til 9pm. Would stay agn if in sydney sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Pallavi S
YWCAnsw, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Pallavi S
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from you stay with us.

I am happy to read that even though you stayed in one of our Traditional Rooms (rooms with shared bathroom as opposed to Deluxe rooms - with private ensuite) you found everything to be clean and tidy.

I note that since you stayed with us we have introduced FREE WIFI for any guest booking directly with us via our own website or over the phone.

Once again many thanks and best regards,

Stephen Peace
Senior Manager
Greymouth, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, was the cheapest double with breakfast we could find in central Sydney. Thought we had a room with a private bathroom, but turned out to be shared bathroom. Bathroom was clean and tidy though, so no problems with that. However, there was just one shower which had to be shared with several other rooms. Besides this, shower wasn't high enough for me as a tall guy.

Basic breakfast (plenty of choice though) included. Internet however wasn't incuded, not even for hotel guests, that was quite disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank FokkoA
JCNiederer, General Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear FokkoA,

Thank you for the time taken to review your recent visit to Sydney and your stay with us.

I am happy to read that eventhough you stayed in one of our Traditional Rooms (rooms with shared bathroom as opposed to Deluxe rooms - with private ensuite) you found everything to be clean and tidy.

Once again many thanks and best regards,
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

If it weren't for the pay wifi I would have given five stars. I booked a room without ensuite , it was compact, clean and had free cofffee, tea and a iron also a safe ( you need to get a key from reception). The share bathroom was small but adequate like the rest of the hotel in need of minor maintenance and a major clean throughout to bring it up to better than par. The highlight is breakfast included and for $6 upgrade to a full breakfast. None of my recent stays in more upmarket hotels in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide offered this good value for money. I will be staying here more often.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Paul E
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear PaulE
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback about Y Hotel Hyde Park.
I am very pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. We are aware that the hotel needs a little bit of work and the higher powers of authority are working towards a plan for future redevelopment. With regards to yours and other feedback we have regarding wifi, we have since made our wifi free based when people book either directly with us or via our website
Once again thank you for your feedback
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was amazed the time I came to this hotel. My stay was pleasant and the staff was really helpful.

I love their breakfast and the room perfectly clean.

But from all above, I love the location which it is very strategically located in the middle of the Sydney CBD.

I would really love to recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank CliffElvin
JCNiederer, General Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear cliffelvin,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and particulalrly appreciated our central location in Sydney. and our helpful staff.

Many thanks for your time in sharing your views.

Best regards,
Dubbo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The service at this accommodation was horrendous. Being locked out of my room (due to a flat battery in the door locking system) with all of my personal items inside was not a good way to start off my stay at the Y Hotel. And then being blamed for the hotel's faults... Surely the batteries could be checked on a usual basis for this situation to be avoided? Having to wait an hour or more for the door to be even looked at by maintenance did not help either. When trying to solve the situation, there was only one of THREE receptionists who seemed to care! The general manager didn't even appear to care himself when he was told of the situation, which I found quite rude. Looking after customers is obviously not a concern of the Y Hotel staff. Beds were clean and showers were bearable for one night. Sharing amenities is not the way to go in this place if you can avoid it. The lack of security was also appalling. The location and room tidiness were the only positives during my stay. What a disappointing and uncomfortable experience.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank HBerry3
Dear HBerry3,

I would like to thank you for your review and comments following your recent stay with us.

I must though admit that I am slightly puzzled by the comments as I seem to remember the incident of a door lock malfunctioning. On that particular occasion I was alerted to the fact by one of our front office staff who had already tried various ways to get the door open.

I met with the leader of the group in question, introduced myself to that person and to the guest affected by the problem. I apologised for the incident and explained that, as it was after hours, our maintenance person was no longer in the hotel but already on their way. The whole group was going out to enjoy a show and I guaranteed that access to the room would be available upon the group's return to the hotel and again apologised for the issue.

Looking after customers is a concern of ours as is their security.

Many thanks again and best regards,
Jean-Claude Niederer

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This was the first place we stayed on our travels and was one of our favourites. The room was big and well designed, the staff friendly, the breakfast tasty and the location useful. I recommend this hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear James T,

Your comments and review of our hotel are very much appreciated and we thank you for the time taken to publish them.

I certainly hope that you had an enjoyable time wherever your travels took you.

With best regards,