“Complicated hotel”

Ranked #102 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Manresa, Spain
“Complicated hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Rooms are really small. Probems to obtain a proper invoice. No free internet access, and connection failed time to time, you must pay for a ticket that has few options,
OK for one night but not for a stay longer than this..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear JosepSala
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us.
I note that you booked a deluxe Single room which is one of our smaller rooms mainly because it can only accommodate single bed and not a larger bed. You would have had an option to book a large room but we provide choices not only room type but budgets as well. I note that you had an issue with the internet; I am pleased to advise you that we are upgrading to a more efficient provider and if you book directly with us or via our website Y hotel.com.au, we can provide you with free internet during your stay.
Thank you once again for choosing Y Hotel Hyde Park and we look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a double room which was great, comfortable and suitably appointed, I thought, for the price. I would probably opt to get an ensuite room next time instead of the shared bathroom, just for the convenience, but was a good money saving option this time around. My room faced inwards away from the road so had minimal street noise or noise from other rooms and slept very well. (am a light sleeper usually). Only problems was the blanket was a little grubby and the kettle leaked a little. Was really impressed with the continental breakfast with dairy and gluten free options.

Room Tip: Ask for inward facing room away from the road if you want something quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear ThinL1zzy
I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay ay Y Hotel Hyde Park.
I have noted the issue of the blanket and I will follow this up with my housekeeping department.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
We look forward in welcome you back when you are next in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is located in the city centre near to all the tourist attractions.
The rooms are clean, the shared bathroom is good.
had a pleasant stay at Y Hotel Hyde Park.
The breakfast buffet is included which is fair and you can upgrade for just 6 dollars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Tejaswi L
I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay ay Y Hotel Hyde Park.
We look forward in welcome you back when you are next in Sydney
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The bathroom is not in the room. You have to go outside for taking shower. The hotel overall is not so clean, but the price is considered cheap.

The car park is inconvenience, since I have to park at Wilson's car park closest to the hotel.

I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Eyeshunter
I note that you chose to book one of our traditional rooms with shared bathroom facilities, which as to have indicated was outside your room. You chose based on you budget which is fine. We provide different room types to suit most people’s budgets. Parking as you have mentioned is not on hotel property but offsite with a local provider. What we do provide is a discount of parking fees so that you so not get a huge bill after your stay.
Once again thank you for choosing Y Hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next stay in Sydney
San francisco
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Don't be fooled by the word "hotel" in the title, this place is a hostel, except it is not fun and has no charm. The standard double room was tiny and the sheets and blankets had stains on them. The showers in the shared bathrooms had two settings, arctic and volcano, however the water pressure was so poor that while one part of you was on fire, the rest of you was freezing. The heater in our room was broken and after we complained a few times it took the whole day for someone to come to reset it, which did not fix the problem. It took another two days for a space heater to be brought to our room, which really didn't make the room any warmer. Finally the heater in the room was fixed but I swear it broke again the next day, luckily the day we checked out. They also make you pay for wifi and at $8 for 24 hours it really adds up and it didn't even work very well.

The only good things about this hotel is the location, and the breakfast is pretty good if you get the $6 upgrade.

• Stayed July 2014
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Lehelm
Firstly thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stat with us. I am sorry that you stay did not meet your expectations. I will be following up in the issues you highlighted with my teams to find out where we went wrong and use this information for future training guides.
I am however pleased that you found our breakfast enjoyable and affordable. With regards to yours and other feedback regarding wifi, we have since made our wifi free based when people book either directly with us or via our website

Travellers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The front staff ( especially Christopher ) we're lovely. For $115 for myself and my two kids including basic breakfast this made a relative cheap comfortable stay for one night, any longer it might be a bit cosy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Bridget
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
A light continental breakfast has always been free when you book at Y Hotel Hyde Park.
It is a good way to start you day .
I will pass on you comments to Christopher.
I look forward to when you next stay with us.

Warm regards

Stephen Peace
Senior Manager
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Dirty, old, minimal recent updates in the room, shared bathroom (which smelled awful), terrible customer service and cost us more than the 4-star hotel that was closer to cbd and in a better neighborhood. When we arrived we were so disappointed we requested to cancel at least our 2nd night and they rattled off their cancellation policy instead of even trying to work with us. The website I booked through offered to refund our money if the hotel agreed and the hotel declined. This place was well below my backpacking standards and so we walked away from our second night ($80+) and went back to the 4-star in surry hills for $10 less a night w cheaper wifi, better rooms and better customer service. Spend your money elsewhere!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank natalie w
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Natalie W
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Y Hotel Hyde Park.

Please accept my sincere apology that your stay with us was not the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have.
I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
I note that you booked via the internet thus you had a range of choices and prices as well as terms and conditions for each and thus without knowing exactly who you booked with makes it difficult to provide specific details as some of our rates do have non-refundable or cancellable conditions and therefore the staff would have been advising you those terms and not necessary the agent.
I am more than happy to discuss this further with you if you contact the Hotel direct.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when you next decide to visit Sydney again.
Best regards