Song Hotel Sydney
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
2,067 results
All reviewshyde parkmuseum stationhot breakfastgreat locationshared facilitiesbudget hotelprivate bathroomfree breakfastoxford streetdouble roomwalking distancecentral locationpublic transportwould stay againdarling harbouropera housefridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed in a female dorm for 3 nights and found the bed and room quite comfortable for my needs. I didn't expect to find a fridge and tea/coffee supplies in the room so that was a nice touch. This hotel is right around the corner from the Museum train stop, with direct access to the airport. The shared bathroom facilities were clean, and I never had a problem finding a toilet or shower when I needed one. I would definitely book again on my next trip to Sydney.

Room Tip: The female dorm on the 5th floor faces on to Wentworth Ave (and towards Oxford Street) with no real sound proofing measures, so the traffic noise might bother you at night if you require a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank namabiru2014
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Namabiru2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us.
I am very happy that we have exceeded your expectations.
I look forward in welcoming you back to Y Hotel Hyde Park when you next plan a trip to Sydney

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Rooms are really small. Probems to obtain a proper invoice. No free internet access, and connection failed time to time, you must pay for a ticket that has few options,
OK for one night but not for a stay longer than this..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear JosepSala
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us.
I note that you booked a deluxe Single room which is one of our smaller rooms mainly because it can only accommodate single bed and not a larger bed. You would have had an option to book a large room but we provide choices not only room type but budgets as well. I note that you had an issue with the internet; I am pleased to advise you that we are upgrading to a more efficient provider and if you book directly with us or via our website Y hotel.com.au, we can provide you with free internet during your stay.
Thank you once again for choosing Y Hotel Hyde Park and we look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Had a double room which was great, comfortable and suitably appointed, I thought, for the price. I would probably opt to get an ensuite room next time instead of the shared bathroom, just for the convenience, but was a good money saving option this time around. My room faced inwards away from the road so had minimal street noise or noise from other rooms and slept very well. (am a light sleeper usually). Only problems was the blanket was a little grubby and the kettle leaked a little. Was really impressed with the continental breakfast with dairy and gluten free options.

Room Tip: Ask for inward facing room away from the road if you want something quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear ThinL1zzy
I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay ay Y Hotel Hyde Park.
I have noted the issue of the blanket and I will follow this up with my housekeeping department.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
We look forward in welcome you back when you are next in Sydney

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The hotel is located in the city centre near to all the tourist attractions.
The rooms are clean, the shared bathroom is good.
had a pleasant stay at Y Hotel Hyde Park.
The breakfast buffet is included which is fair and you can upgrade for just 6 dollars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Tejaswi L
I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay ay Y Hotel Hyde Park.
We look forward in welcome you back when you are next in Sydney

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The bathroom is not in the room. You have to go outside for taking shower. The hotel overall is not so clean, but the price is considered cheap.

The car park is inconvenience, since I have to park at Wilson's car park closest to the hotel.

I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Eyeshunter
I note that you chose to book one of our traditional rooms with shared bathroom facilities, which as to have indicated was outside your room. You chose based on you budget which is fine. We provide different room types to suit most people’s budgets. Parking as you have mentioned is not on hotel property but offsite with a local provider. What we do provide is a discount of parking fees so that you so not get a huge bill after your stay.
Once again thank you for choosing Y Hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next stay in Sydney