“Free tour in Sydney”

I'm Free Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 352 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover Sydney, on a Free Tour at 10:30am and 2:30pm everyday. Join your friendly and knowledgeable local tour guide as we reveal the history, stories and secrets of Sydney. This 3 hour easy walking tour meets everyday at the anchor in Town Hall Square beside the Sydney Town Hall building. Rain, hail or shine, no booking needed, just show up and there will be a guide in a bright green T-shirt to show you around. Or join us at 6pm each evening for a one and a half hour exploration of The Rocks our most historical district, starting from the water side of Cadmans Cottage. How are we Free? We work on a tips only basis, so everyone can enjoy Sydney as much as we do, whatever your budget.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I call this feet on tour. One of the best experiences my son and I had. The guide was most passionate of Sydney and shared with us facts which we would never have known. Fully recommended.

1  Thank PeterLiew
Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We did the free walking tour on our first full day in Sydney; it was a great way to get our bearings, get some fresh air, learn about the city and its history, and tick off some places we wanted to make return trips to (the currency museum, botanic gardens, etc.) Our tour guide, Colin, was tremendously knowledgeable and provided great recommendations on sites to visit -- both free and pricey options. Definitely worth the 3 hours or so.

1  Thank CMCSD98
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very good overview of the city and our guide was excellent. Thumbs up to D who mixed humor with the history of the city.

It went from 10:30 - 2:00ish and was not a difficult walk so anyone could do it.

Recommend

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a great way to learn about Sydney. Really interesting in a city which is relatively young to learn things from locals that add to your understanding. There isn't as much history as the ones I have done in Europe but more on architecture etc. Would recommend although wear comfortable shoes!

3  Thank sarahm0rt
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

If your a visitor, a temporary resident of Melbourne/Sydney or even a local this is a must do. The streets were mostly new to me as a visitor of both cities but the history, culture, art, facts, good small unknown bars, have been absolutely brilliant. These companies form such an important part of knowledge, It will be a great shame if they don't get support they deserve. Especially as other tours would be expensive, which would deter some especially myself.