“Terrible, do not stay here.”

Parkview Hotel Sydney
Ranked #169 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Now I'm not much to give a review, but this deserves a great review. Great meaning big, not good. Nothing close to average about this place. Everything is well below standard. Rooms were in a unclean and degrading state, unknown liquid stains on every wall and ceiling. Patches of stains in the carpet, very obvious that it has not been steam cleaned in numerous years. Insects were all over the supplied coffee/milk and mugs provided. We had to kill an unlimited number of cockroaches on the floor and in the bed themselves. 3 doors lead in to the bath room. Two of which can be accessed via the main hallway if unlocked. The bathroom was disastrous, water was lightly spraying from either the shower or the overhead fire sprinklers. Each time someone used the shower, water would hit the power switch on the wall, which was extremely dangerous. The ceramic soap holder we had was broken in half and they haven't even bothered to change it. This hotel does not have the time to care for their customers. Parking was advertised as free onsite parking, but they deducted $40 from the $60 bond for parking two nights. Nothing modern about this hotel apart from the swipe entry cards for hotel rooms. Only good thing about this place was the very nice asian restaurant that sits right under them. But they're not associated with the hotel so it doesn't count. But I highly recommend them, not the hotel.

Room Tip: Do Not Enter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jacob M

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We arrived at the Parkview and immediately we were very afraid of what we were going to see, let's just stay we checked in than two hours later we checked out, as soon as we sat on the bed we felt like there we were being bitten, the air con leaked water whilst on, there was a blood stain on one of our pillows, no pillow protectors, the pillow cases were warm still did not look clean, as well as our towels, it felt dirty, just a real uneasy stay, there was a real strong smell of am old musty room, As soon as we decided to leave and booked another hotel there was a cockroach that ran across the floor. At the price we paid for there should still be some standard of hygiene and cleanliness, they should not be allowed to advertise it was very disgusting.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wikitoria C
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Took kids to Australia day festivals and chose hotel because of the triple beds, mistake!!!! This hotel reminded the kids of the Transient Hotel of Elwood Blues. Reception Cordial, Remotes to the airconditioner and TV had not worked, which the air conditioner remote was replaced. With the inside room there is no ventilation and the air is very stale.
The Beds matresses were worn out, sheets filthy and no underlay. Toilet failed to work for one day (fixed), the Kettle insides were filthy (had to use to flush the toilet). No hot water (water) on second evening with tepid water in the morning. with basic room service.
The positives, the room we had, had new flooring, shower cubical and new airconditioning, (recycling stale air) and I see the potential in the future to be a very nice hotel with a lot more work until then, for the same money try the backpackers first.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank garry f
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It was really old, dirty, and bad. Everything is disgusting, you will not want to touch the TV remote or the AC remote when you look at them. Your experience on dealing with cockroaches will improve dramatically after one night there.

We are very easy travelers with very low or reasonable expectations, but this was soooo awful and very very pricy for the service they offer

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelloy
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is 100% true what everyone is saying. Please do not stay here

Waited 5 mins at reception for a lady to appear. Old décor everywhere and a unpleasant aroma hung around the " hotel" .She was abrupt and rude and didn't dress appropriate for front desk . We walked up the stair case to our room. The hotel gave off a very uncomfortable vibe. As I walked up the stairs I felt I shouldn't be in this hotel.

Our room had dirty walls, dirty linen and a fridge that made noises The room next door to us had blaring music. To top it off we walked into the laundry room to find writing on the walls stating a person was after intercourse and a mobile number to contact. This "hotel " is a brothel on the side. Disgusting!

I don't know how this hotel is up to the accreditation standards. I wouldn't let my dog sleep here let along a person. We only stayed a few hours and left. Told the reception lady we weren't happy with the hotel . She didn't bat a eyelid. She didnt ask us why or what she could do to fix the problem. She had seen many people before us leave after a few hours. She made us sign forms and we left.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah l
Reviewed 31 December 2013

What a night! I booked a triple room for two nights but with a change in plan I ended up staying there by myself for only one night and the room was disgusting. Very ill mannered management! I was glad that my friends didn't stay there as it would have been total embarrassment as I made the booking. I wish I had read these reviews before the booking.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Asad K
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Ok so the Parkview Hotel in Ultimo is AWFUL! I was on the third floor with a narrow old rickety staircase where the steps all slope downward. The carpets are all stained with suspicious fluids. I had to pay a $20 deposit for the remote control which they didn't give me and when i asked for it, it didn't work. I got in the shower before realising there were no towels and when i went down to ask (remember the third floor rickety slopey steps) i was told they were all dirty and none were available but not to worry i was the third room on the list to get towels when they were clean!

Room Tip: Stay away unless you have some sort of weird body fluid fetish
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business