“Complete no-brainer if you are anywhere close”
Review of Alpha Gourmet Cafe

Alpha Gourmet Cafe
Ranked #761 of 5,856 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Atlanta, Georgia
“Complete no-brainer if you are anywhere close”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

So I'm staying at the Marriott next door and this place didn't look appealing to me at all. I told someone at church on Sunday where I was staying and she tells me she eats breakfast at this place every day. The $6 breakfast is yummy and a great deal. Mind you that the breakfast buffet at the Marriott is $35, and some pancakes cost $20, so I'm pretty skeptical.

Well I went on Monday and got the $6 breakfast which is 2 eggs, 3 bacon (Canadian style bacon, not what I'm used to but delicious anyway), a grilled tomato and toast. It was great. I went back every day of my trip. Half the time I got my eggs fried and half the time I got them scrambled. For this kind of savings, that's the only variety I needed.

Seems like there were plenty of other options. If I was ever in the area for lunch I would certainly have done that here too, but it just never worked out.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank keatingfamily

Surbiton, Surrey
“Just great value, quality - ideal for family - cafe/diner”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We ate here whilst staying at the Marriott next door where breakfast cost four times more ($100 for the family of 2 adults 2 kids). Crazy, slightly chaotic service, but great coffee, cooked breakfasts, raisin toast, *fresh* delicious fruit salads. Clean and brisk. Super value - our Brit pound doesnt buy much in Oz these days, so thsi cafe was a real find. It's not what I would call 'gourmet', but it is good, freshly prepared food offering great value.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank SurbSi
North Yorkshire
“Great value breakfast next door to the Marriott Hotel”
Reviewed 18 May 2010

What a find! Great value, freshly cooked breakfast for $9.50 including coffee! All day food, meticulously prepared and well priced too. Find them next door to the main entrance of the Marriott Hotel, a stone's throw from Circular Quay.

1 Thank Pudtraveller