“Dont bother with the take aways”

Lal Qila Restaurant
Ranked #586 of 6,102 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Description: LAL QILA RESTAURANT We aim to provide best food menu in Sydney by offering traditional Pakistani and south Asian cuisine based on the highest standards of quality, taste, hygiene, presentation and service. Authentic Pakistani & Indian Cuisine " Lal Qila Restaurant " in the heart of Surry Hills famous eatery area. "Lal Qila" we serve creative, Authentic Pakistani & Indian food by professional cooks who treat the cuisine with reverence and respect. You will love the food, service and environment to make you feel proud patrons of "Lal Qila". LAL QILA is beautifully located at a convenient locationin Surry Hills in Sydney. It has becom a benchmark name in hospitality sector offering range of South Asian food especially Pakistani and Indian cuisine with in short period of time ... and with its fabulous size and outlook you'll be sure not pass without a second look.... Be sure to visit the place whatever the occasion, whether its to fulfill your craving for mouthwatering dishes from the South-Asian continent or to enjoy a birthday or any sort of event to celebrating in comfortable environment. With its amazing waiter service and friendly reception your guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience. So all you inidan food lovers would finally have the opportunity to taste not only the best but the finest authentic PAKISTANI DISHES. WE NOW CATER FOR WEDDINGS AND HAVE A TAKE AWAY SERVICE WITH FREE DELIVERY FOR AN ORDER OVER $30
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

2 and a half hours I waited for my food to be delivered, and unsurprisingly it was cold and stodgy when it finally arrived. No apology from the driver, but why bother with an apology, I paid over the phone so they already had my money. Shocking customer service.

2  Thank 526Traveller526

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Having been away from Sydney for 10 yrs my friend and I headed over to Surrey Hills to an old fave - Sagar- only to find it had closed. We tried Trip Advisor for Indian restaurants and it came up with Lal Qila. We decided to give it a go. Absolutely delicious food- incredible flavours, so very moreish! My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience there. Service was friendly and efficient too. Couldn't fault it!

1  Thank MazzyAnt
Reviewed 8 February 2014

On our last night in Australia we wanted to have a nice dinner. Since we love Indian food we looked for a good restaurant. The reviews were great wo we phoned for a table.
We were glad that we made reservations, because people had to wait for a table.
The space and the noise could have been better, but the the food was amazing. You can take a look in the kitchen and can see the preparation of the dishes. We ordered a cheese-naan (instead of the garlic naan we normally order) and it was so lovely!
Also the taste of the dishes was like you were in India. We ranked it our number 1 Indian restaurant of the Indian restaurants where we have been so far.
Our waiter was very friendly and service was great. It was too bad we only found this place on our last evening in Australia.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I liked the food but u won't say it's the best I have had!
For some reason the acoustics of this place were off the charts though! Some other guests were sooo loud to top it up that at some point I felt like getting up and asking them to shut up!
So be prepared for a loud dinner!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Easily best curry in town. Food is fresh and nice and spicy. Ask if you want it milder. Breads are great. No licence so bring your own booze. Well worth a trip to this place.