“I met the love of my life here”
Review of Bounce Sydney

Bounce Sydney
Ranked #3 of 144 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place is awesome! I met the most fantastic people (including my partner) and made life long friends. Thus is a place you go to find people to travel. We met a group of people we then shared an apartment with. The staff are great, the room clean and the rooftop a great place to meet people while taking in the view of Sydney, for the money this place scores a 10 in my books. They also have something on every night and if you don't want to go out the rooms and the tv rooms are quite enough to nurse a hangover.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hostel is ideal if you are visiting Sydney on a budget. We rented a double room with bathroom and it had everything we could ask for, including a TV. If you really don't want to splash out loads of money on an expensive hotel then stay here. It is central enough so you can walk everywhere or you can get the free bus shuttle down to the quay. You also save on transport fees from the airport, as you can get the train to the hostel (which it is right next to central station). Be aware when booking that you are staying in a hostel, so there will be a lot of young travellers there, so expect some drunken noise at night.
Everything was clean and tidy and I would defiantly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ka8dal
Reviewed 12 June 2014

very nice and convenient, all the clerk are very friendly...
I would like to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed in the private room on 2nd floor for 4 nights.

Bounce got very friendly & helpful staffs. They were happy to provide you with information about Sydney along with the free maps at the receptionist.

The room: modern, good size & spacious enough, nice and clean bedroom & bathroom, good lighting ambience, comfortable beds & sheets.
The room also equipped with toiletries, towel, lcd tv, cupboard, thermos for hot water, glasses & cups.

The location is prime, just across the Central Station and walking distance to George St, Circular Quay, and Darling Harbour.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank veelka
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hostel is freakin cool. It is partially due to the awesome people I met, but this hostel is great. The cleanest I have EVER been at, huge lockers for each bed with power outlets and lamps inside them. Good clean bathrooms with sufficient showers. Best part is the upstairs kitchen and indoor/outdoor rooftop lounge! the worst part is that this area closes! As does the movie theatre a few floors down with bean bag seating, and all common areas - so a bit hard to come back after the bar and hangout. Couldnt beat the location - literally beside central station and close to downtown, little thailand or whatever it is called where the food is SO GOOD. Pricey (40 per night I think I paid), but really worth it if you enjoy great facilities and superior cleanliness.

My only recommendation is to keep the common areas open longer!! This was really a bit annoying, getting kicked out from watching a movie in literal silence at 11(?)pm so people could sleep. I would rather have someone watching a quiet movie outside my room than a bunch of girls deciding to pack up at 4am with the lights on

This hostel definitely made my first stop in Oz great. I cant comment on the activities as I didnt participate. no meals are included

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here with a bunch of friends and did the group booking thing to get our own dorm room.

When we checked in it was around midnight and we were all super tired. Check-in took aaaages. I think one of the guys on reception may have been a trainee or something. Not a huge deal usually but considering it wasn't at all busy it was a bit annoying..

The room was spacious for the amount of beds (3 sets of bunks and a single bed) and they were very comfortable. The room had plenty of storage room/lockers and lots of power points, as well as individual reading lights for each bed, which was handy!

One weird thing to note was on the first morning we were all just hanging out in the room and then a cleaning lady barged in and asked us when we were leaving. We told her we were a group and we weren't checking out til the following day and she just started vacuuming and cleaning around us in the room. Before this happened though, another person (did not see who) was able to enter our room, though they left quickly.. I'm used to staying in dorm rooms and having people coming and going often but this just felt a bit strange, really..

Also on check out something went wrong and instead of refunding me the $400 deposit (which we needed to pay as it was a group booking..) they CHARGED me another $400. Fortunately though the receptionist noticed and immediately refunded the $800. I thought this would overdraw my account but thankfully it didn't! That would've been a nasty surprise.

So aside from the odd cleaning lady and the check in/out, I really liked this place. The rooftop area was cool and the kitchen was large and clean. The bathrooms and dorms were also really clean and well maintained. The real winner here though is the location. It is right across from Central station and a short walk to everything you need and all the top attractions!

I would probably stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Bounce is 100% the best hostel I have ever stayed at.
Positives:
The rooms are good sized
The beds are comfortable
The nights out are well planned and good fun
Most of the staff live on site, and are more than happy to socialise during the days and the evenings
The view from the terrace is amazing

The negatives:
The lift is slow... And that is literally the only bad thing I can say about the place!

I enjoyed it so much at bounce that I extended my stay 3 times for an additional couple of weeks!

I would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone looking to stay in Sydney!

• Stayed: May 2014