Park8 Hotel Sydney
US$143
QT Sydney(Sydney)
US$197
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
US$206
US$295
US$229
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom lofthyde parkcastlereagh stgreat locationboutique hotelsmall hotelst jamesthe heart of the cityreception areapitt st mallironing boardstreet noisewithin walking distancetown hall stationgood sizecomfortable staywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2013

From the very first phone call to the Hotel, to our final departure, we found our experience at Park8 wonderful. Exceptional customer service from the whole team, and the excellent 2 bedroom loft apartment set us up for a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable family visit to Sydney.
I would highly recommend Park8 to anyone wanting a cosy retreat in Sydney, with a feeling of being genuinely cared for. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Mark N,

What a pleasure it was to read your review! Nothing makes us happier than happy guests.

Thank you so much for your kind words. We just love to have families with us and we're all so delighted that you felt well cared for and comfortable with us.

We can't wait to welcome you all back, hopefully sooner rather than later! Take care until then.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Travelled to Sydney for NYE and booked directly over the phone a little over a month in advance. Staff were very helpful over the phone when booking.

The location is perfect, right in the CBD just across from Hyde Park. At check-in the reception area was extremely well presented with their cafe interconnecting (very boutique) and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Even recommended where to go for the best vantage points to see the fireworks.

The room itself was great, very funky and everything we needed for the few days we stayed there. The king size bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean.

All in all i would definetaly recommend staying at Park8, i know i will be when next travelling to Sydney.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Tyson P,

It is so wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit at Park8 Hotel! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you with us over the fun New Year period, and we hope that you ended up with a great view for the fireworks!

We are looking forward to having you with us at the same time next year (if not before)! We are here 24/7 so just shoot us an email or a quick call when you're next coming to Sydney so that we can look after you.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Park8 in Sydney was the perfect hotel for a weekend in Sydney. In the heart of the city it is walking distance to all the shops plus darling harbour, Paddington and Surry Hills. Good amenities in the room and super comfy beds. Even the fold out couch was comfortable to sleep in. If forced to give a criticism I would say the bathroom was a little tired but still more than adequate. I noted other reviews complained about noise from the street but we were on the Park St side and could not hear a thing. Great service from the concierge too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mcnaccas
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Mcnaccas,

It is wonderful to see you making great use of our convenient central location! Being right in the heart of town and serviced by all public transport options it is super easy to get to all of the major attractions and shopping and dining districts around town!

Our beds are some of the best in the business and certainly one of our main sources of praise! It is great to read that you enjoyed a comfortable, quiet sleep.

Thank you for all of your kind words! We hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Located in the centre of the cbd it was handy for darling harbour, china town and circular quay. It is also very close to the Sydney tower Westfield mall. There were three of us and we had a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the lounge. However we discovered on the first night that the sofa bed was badly broken and housekeeping had tried to hide the broken springs with cushions! After speaking to reception ( who were always very helpful) we had to put the mattress on the floor as there weren't any other rooms available. The next day we had to pack our suitcases and we were moved next door in the early afternoon. I was told that we would receive a refund but on check out discovered that only the manager could do this and that it would be a miserly $30! I still have not received anything or even an email from her to say what was happening. She also never even bothered to apologise in person when we were staying there for three days. The bathroom in both apartments were shabby with stained grout and missing tiles.There was a heat wave while we were staying in Sydney but the air conditioners were very noisy and one of them dripped water all the time so we had to turn them off at night! I do not think it is worth the money and based on our experience would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarzi42
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear middymad,

I really appreciate your honest feedback, although of course I am disappointed at not meeting your expectations.

I would like to extend my apologies again for the broken sofa-bed, and thank you sincerely for bringing to our attention. We absolutely hate to inconvenience guests and appreciated your cooperation in moving rooms for the last two nights.

I have sent you a personal message here to ensure that I have your correct contact details, as I had contacted you on the morning of 1 December 2012 after arranging the refund with the third party website on which you booked. You are absolutely correct - I should have seen you in person to apologise. I had tried contacting you in the room when you were out and should absolutely have left a note with my personal details. That is completely my mistake, I am very upset about it and I can only apologise again for this. I had been under the impression that my wonderful team had handled things and all was well after the first night, but clearly this was wrong and miscommunication on our part.

Thank you also for these subsequent notes about the air conditioning units. We had our service technician in to check all rooms on Monday of this week in fact. It is unfortunate that during the heatwave there seems to have been some condensation that formed in the unit in your room and I will call him back out immediately to arrange repair.

Similarly, thank you for your note regarding the crack in the tile in your bathroom. I had it inspected by our maintenance person yesterday as I'd noted it myself, and he is currently arranging repair.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Mercedes Lazarou
Hotel Manager, Park8 Hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney Central
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very helpful staff. Great location room was very quiet. Only downside - one of the king beds was on landing upstairs. People in bedroom had to walk past this bed to get to bathroom. Definitely needed second toilet.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Park8Hotel, Manager at Park8 Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words about our team and location! It was a pleasure to have you and your group with us and we are very happy that you enjoyed your time at Park8 Hotel.

The point you make about the 2 Bedroom Loft Apartment and the shared bathroom is a valid one indeed. The two bedrooms interconnect and the bathroom is en-suite to one bedroom (meaning that you pass through the bedroom to access the bathroom). We do try to make the configuration as clear as possible on our website and when guests book with us directly, but your review has prompted refresher training to ensure this is being communicated by the team when relevant.

We generally suggest that our 2 Bedroom Loft is suited to small families, or groups of close friends travelling together. We do have close work colleagues who like the configuration as well, but completely understand that in many cases colleagues prefer more privacy.

For groups that would prefer two bathrooms, we do have some interconnecting Standard rooms so we encourage you to call us and enquire about that option!

It would be lovely to welcome you all back to Park8 Hotel in the future. We wish you a happy and safe festive season and all the best until your next visit.