“Amazing!”

Ranked #746 of 5,843 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bathurst, Australia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The best beers, the best food, the best service... What more could you want? Loved every minute of our visit and I just wish we lived closer! One of Sydney's little gems.

“Best schnitzel ever”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Walking into town one evening me and a friend came across Essen. It's looks quite pretty from the outside and it was well patronised so we gave it a blast. We were seated quickly by a very friendly young lady and our drinks orders taken straight away, they have an extensive range of European beers and ciders which were very much to our liking and they even serve litre jugs (not silly schooners). I ordered the chicken schnitzel with pepper sauce and my friend had the duck. Both meals were well cooked/presented and very tasty. I had also ordered a side but couldn't finish it all. All in all a very pleasant experience and I'm looking forward to eating there again

“Not for me”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went here with the family last week .
As a health conscous "more Mature " woman I really srtuggled to find something to eat .Most of the menu was fried and the portions (from what I could see at other tables ) were monstrous ! Huge slabs of schnitzel with tiny portions of cabbage salad .Alternatively there was a huge stack of sausages ! .I finally settled on the beef cheeks -tiny portion a top a humungous pile of mashed potato .Our younger male family members loved the beer and meat fest -but -not for me I'm afraid !
Staff were a bit rattled by us -It seemed we wewre a bit of a nuisance !
I think this is perfect for teenage boys or hungry back packers !

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went on a Thursday evening fora meal with others. Had pork knuckle, schnitzel, German sausage and side serves. Very tasty and good servings. Our waitress Tamara was excellent and kept checking us. Restaurant was moderately busy but was looked after well. Recommended.

• Visited July 2014
“Good food great beers”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Go here for delicious schnitzels and a great range of beers. The portions are huge and the sauces a valuable are delicious.
It has a homely and welcoming atmosphere which makes it comfortable to enjoy your meal and have a few more beers :)