“Home sweet home”

Easy Go Backpackers
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sydney
Easy Go Backpackers
Ranked #63 of 145 Speciality Lodging in Sydney
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I spend quit long time here, almost 1 yr, I saw a lot of people and a lot of them used to call this hostel home!
They have a good price and big rooms, good location and free wifi everywhere and as I know from one month ago they start to give even breckfast!
The bulding is clean everyday and the people that are working there are really friendly and ready to help you If you need some information!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Dennimoro

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The best things about this hostal are its location, relative price and the atmosphere. The people are really friendly and even though lots of people stay there for a long time they welcome new people. If I was pushed for cons I would just say it is a little dingy and the internet could be faster.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth L
A TripAdvisor Member
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Easy go backpackers is situated on Sydney's Main Street (George street) next to china town. EGB offers 8-10 bed dorms with mixed or girls only rooms. The beds are comfortable, linen is clean and you get a towel. EGB offers free wifi which works all though the building, it has a lounge area/dining room with a large TV with foxtel. The kitchen is small but has everything you need Hobs, ovens, microwaves plenty of fridge space and a choice of some good pots and pans. The hostel is really secure as it has CCTV throughout the building. The staff are friendly and helpful and if you book a week not only do you get discounted rate you also get a bar bucks book with free meals and drink vouchers! My stay Easy go backers was enjoyable and I would recommend it! The hostel also has a lift which work the whole time I was there which is a change to most hostels!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hostel is directly on George st. There was road construction all night so I could not sleep. At 11:30 I was ask to leave my bed and go to reception because they accused me of not paying. They had not recorded my payment it took them 30 minutes to go through the video to see my payment taking place. The other guests were very kind but I would stay at a different hostel next time I am in Sydney.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Woody S
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Thats the best Hostel i have seen!
Nice people, family atmosphere, cheap, free wifi,... i Don't know what i should say.
i love this hostel. If you travel alone, its perfect. If you live there, you are not longer alone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank alexandra2104
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Beast deal in Sydney! Free internet and free late check-out anywhere else is unheard of. The location is perfect. The Service was excellent. Most friendliest and helpful staff in Sydney. Recommend this to anyone staying in Sydney.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank cunuckinoz
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had my first stay in Easy Go Backpackers (EGB) for 3 nights staying in a 8 bedded female dorm after read the reviews on TripAdvisor. It never disappointed me. It was a good place to stay. People in the room were nice and friendly. EGB is located near the China town and within walking distance to the central station.It took me about 5 mins to go to the central station from EGB. The kitchen is at the different level which you need to take the lift to reach it but it is not a big problem. The things I like in EGB is the 24hours CCTV & reception service , cleanness and you will be given an access card to scan the door when you enter to the building and the room where you stayed. Therefore, it's very safe if you are female travelling alone. I would recommend you to stay in the female dorm, it's 3 dollar extra compare to the mix dorm with 10 bedded but it's worthy. The toilets are clean which is quite important for me. In addition, the staffs there are very helpful. If you are new in Sydney, you can ask the staffs for the information, they are happy to help, as well as the people staying there. The only thing I don't like is the the the lift, it is old and you need to slide the first door manually when you get into the lift which is a bit heavy for me. However, you will still get someone staying there to help if you are lucky. Not a big deal though. The only cons for EGB is they don't do online reservation, so you need to call for booking. Overall, it's a good accommodation which provided the basic stuffs that you need. I'm not sure about the others but this place is at a good location and safe to stay. Highly recommended. I would pay my stay for the next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo