“Perfect Sunday afternoon!”
Review of Allianz Stadium

Allianz Stadium
Ranked #128 of 475 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust is responsible for managing two of Australia’s premier sports venues – the Sydney Cricket Ground and Allianz Stadium. Both venues are located at Moore Park, only 4km from the central business district and adjacent to the popular bars, restaurants, cinemas and shops of the Entertainment Quarter. Completed in 1988, Allianz Stadium boasts a notable track record of premium events, encompassing Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, major concerts by Barbra Streisand, U2, Red Hot Chilli Pepers, Robbie Williams, Edinburgh Military Tattoo and even the famous operas such as ‘Aida’ and ‘Turnandot’. Allianz Stadium provides the perfect balance between the big crowd atmosphere and intimacy with the on-field action. These aspects, combined with the location of the venue, make visiting Allianz Stadium a special experience for all patrons.
Modimolle (Nylstroom), South Africa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Perfect Sunday afternoon!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the last day of my holiday, and it couldn't have ended better - a Sunday arvo rugby game with my favourite South African team playing! I had a good walk to the stadium, but was a little disappointed in the number of spectators for such a big stadium. I am used to 20k people at a game being a small crowd, whereas there it was considered to be the biggest crowd of the season so far?? Compared to the other two stadiums I went to the previous two weeks, one in New Zealand and another one in Australia, Allianz Stadium was just a little bit disappointing for me. It seemed to me like there needs a bit of work done. But overall, it was a pretty good experience for me.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank elana_fourie

Brisbane, Australia
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Review in the context of a stadium music event”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I went there this past Wednesday 4th December to see Taylor Swift. I am from Brisbane, and had also seen her here last night at Suncorp Stadium, so will explain comparisons between the two stadiums. I came at first by bus, but because of the heavy traffic I decided to just get off it and walk there about 2km out, which was a good decision. I would've thought for the biggest city in Australia, it would have above-average public transport service (bus, train, ferry) to all major sporting venues, but apparently not. I was meant to meet with my friend there, as she is from Central Coast, she herself struggled. She got into Sydney rush hour about 4.30pm, and was meant to pick me up from the hotel in the city at 6.30pm, but no chance, so redirected our plans to meet up at Allianz Stadium. I was already at Allianz Stadium by about 7.40pm but waited for her out of respect and patience. She got there late, and by that time about 8.45pm all car-parks were full, so she had to park on a side street about 2.5km away, then she took a taxi and didn't get into Allianz Stadium until about 9.30pm, by that stage half the show we had missed. We saw what was left of Taylor Swift, then left and once again, with no public transport we walked into another region I think called Surry Hills or Pallara or something, and had to wait another 20min to get a taxi. We didn't leave until about almost midnight! I do want to say the prior post by DMBC123 I did observe a bit of it, people in cars trying to leave but waiting ages. Poor traffic controlling system there. Now at Suncorp Stadium, different story, I got in by train, and left by train quite quickly. For the public transport and dodgy car-parking system, I am giving this review 1 out of 5 because it ruined my and my friend's experience in enjoying the show.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great venue, but quite easily the WORST parking in the world”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Went to the Taylor swift concert, absolutely loved it. Made the biggest mistake of parking there. It was super organised when we got there with tons of staff and police to help you into your spot.
4 booth set up to collect your $20 for the parking fee. It was at the end of the event taht it wasa whole different story, absolute chaos, not 1 person helping to organise the traffic, it took us 1hr 10 mins to leave the parking lot. It is just mind blowing that for a venue that has events on a regular basis there is absolutely no system in place for the car park. If you plan to drive and park at the venue make sure you have a full tank and an empty bladder as it could take up to 2 hrs.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank DMBC123
Rankins Springs, New South Wales, Australia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Football Stadium”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is the best football stadium in Sydney. Good views from most seats, closer to the action and a lot better atmosphere than ANZ. If you are in Sydney and want to watch sport, go here.

Visited November 2012
SCG T, Public Relations Manager at Allianz Stadium, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi Henry,

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear your positive thoughts about the venue. We highly appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
SCG Trust Team
Sydney, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Allianz Stadium”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The premier venue for watching football (including rugby union, rugby league and soccer) in Sydney, Allianz Stadium has been the scene of many classic sporting clashes. It is easily accessible by public transport and is located close to good bars and restaurants.

Visited August 2013
SCG T, Public Relations Manager at Allianz Stadium, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Allianz Stadium.

We hope to see you here again soon.

Kind Regards,